PDA

View Full Version : Finding a Hypnotherapist

nomorepanic
04-05-03, 22:23
:) A few of you have asked me how to find a Hypnotherapist you can trust. I asked the lady that I have Hypnotherpay with and here is her reply:

The National College web-site is www.nrhp.co.uk but they only list full members, for some stupid reason so I always tell people to 'phone up on 01282 699378 as they will get a bigger selection of therapists if they talk to the lady there.

The therapists are well qualified, whether on the site or not, if they have the certificate ( (CHP (NC) ) then they have studied psychotherapy, which is essential if you are working with hypnosis, which as you know brings up stuff from the unconscious - you must know what to do with it !! I wouldn't recommend any other college, but my look at all the prospectuses (Naional Register of Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists was most definately the
best then) was 18 years ago, so all will have hopefully improved over that time. People must be very careful to find a qualified person, but anyone can set up in hypnotherapy as it is still not regulated, much to all true therapist's despair.

I hope this helps you all

Joanne
06-05-03, 13:55
thanks- i will look into it and get back to you. :-)

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost.

Daxy
14-06-03, 16:00
Hi All
I have to agree, go for a therapist that trained with the National Collage (could this be cos i'm CHP(NC) myself). No.... It is because I have also had therapy from an NC therapist. NC are very perticular about their trainees.
I am not on the full members register as I only really use my training within the self-help group I help to run (HOPE). I also agree that it is an expensive therapy and I was not mercenary enough to charge the standard fee usual to private practice.
All the best
Daxy aka Paulette

nomorepanic
14-06-03, 22:13
Hi Paulette - good to see you here :-)

Hope you are well and HOPE is doing well.

Take care
Nic

xxx

bishop
15-07-03, 11:08
hi paulette
old member of HOPE here, hows it going,hope you are all well there
hows the old man,take care.

Buby
26-11-03, 20:34
hi im rachel aka ratchit. Ive been to see 3 hypnotists since ive had my panic attacks. I am currently on my third and would like to recommend him to who ever is interested in going to see a hypnotherapist. His name is Paul Becerra he lives in Bishops Stortford in Little Hallingbury. if you want to know more please reply.
bye.

nomorepanic
26-11-03, 21:05
Rachel - does he have a contact web site or email address that I can add to my links?

Nicola

Buby
27-11-03, 17:28
im not sure i don't think so but i will look into it for you
Rachel

nomorepanic
27-11-03, 20:57
Ok

Well I can just add his details if he is willing - name, phone number etc. Please let me know. Thanks

Nicola