PDA

View Full Version : what a night

amandaj
02-02-08, 08:13
ive been awake all night as ive got a cold and couldnt breathe and it hurts when i cough and burning sensation in chest im so scared its pneumonia or summing i cant breathe as i type this, also had upset stomache all night with it convinced i got pneumonia or something

chalky
02-02-08, 14:17
Hi Amanda,

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I've had man flu all week.One day I feel as though I'm getting better,next day feel worse than ever.
I certainly identify with your symptoms.
Take good care of yourself-lots of fluids,proper eating and keep warm.
This will pass.
Best wishes,
Chalky

jodie
02-02-08, 16:25
hiya

poor you ,you sound like you have got a flu bug to me but i am sure it is not pneumonia mabe go see your doc on monday if you feel no better

hope you start to pick up soon have plenty of drinks and keep warm

jodie xxxx

amandaj
02-02-08, 18:00
thank you for the replies it really helps

amanda xx

doglover
02-02-08, 19:16
Hi Amanda,
hope you feel better soon. I had a flu bug thing a few weeks ago and felt awful. It makes the anxiety worse. I always get an upset tummy when i have anything like that, i think its the cold remedies and vit c i take.
Its horrible when youre all bunged up and but im sure it will start to clear soon.
Donna x

amandaj
02-02-08, 19:29
thank you donna xx

countrygirl
02-02-08, 22:34
My [poor husband got pneumonia following a flu bug and I have to say it was totally obvious that he was seriously ill. He was only semi conscous ( sorry can't spell this!) because of lack of oxygen and he just couldn't breathe and could not lay down at all or he thought he was suffocating. He also had a very very high temp of 104f. This developed suddenly after about a week of worsening flu/cough.

I would say you may have a chest infection and if you cough up green or yellow stuff or feel very wheezy go to Dr . If you suddenly get very high temp and are fighting for breath then get to hospital but its very unlikely.

Sounds like the horrible bug going round with a terrible hacking cough.

Gryphoenix
04-02-08, 05:06
I've had slight pneumonia before and countrygirl's right--you WILL definetly know if you've got it. I was only about 12 and I was sooo out of it for a couple of days, I can barely remember what happened then, I had a big old fever too. You probably wouldn't be able to type, much less get out of bed, much less have the energy to think seriously about it. I got better pretty quickly, considering. I actually got mine cause I had just gotten better from another cold and relapsed, I went outside in the cold and played around and ran all crazy while I was coughing. Not a great idea.

Take care of yourself, hope you get better!

amandaj
04-02-08, 09:36
thank you for all the replies xx