PDA

View Full Version : Headaches

turnthelighton
02-02-08, 18:45
Is Headaches a common symptom for anxiety/depression. I seem to get quite a few and they last for sometime. Even taking tablets does not seem to help they are right on top of my head and at the front, sometimes my neck is stiff too.

I get really worried as I have funny vision (hard to explain, posted before) and I have also noticed that one of my eyelids hangs lower than the other. Though my friends and family say it has always been like that.

I am so worried that there is something wrong with my brain like a tumor, I know that is a horrible thing to think but I can not help it. And those thoughts take over everything.

I have had my eyes checked by an optician but maybe I should go back to thte doctors for a change.

I am so upset, why cant I relax and be happy:weep:

Sorry about this post I am really down.

doglover
02-02-08, 19:35
Hi
I get alot of headaches most of which are caused by tension. The only painkillers which really work for mine are Syndol which are specifically for tension headaches. May be worth you giving them a go if you haven't already.
Donna x

jasonfuk
02-02-08, 19:36
i am new here but i used to get these headaches like a dull misty headache that sometimes makes you feel sick?a feeling like your out of it with blurred vision,like a band around tour head,if you touch your scalp does it ease slightly?i told my doctor and he prescribed me vitamin b12 and it worked for me straight away,i tried all sorts of pain killers even 2 codydramol wouldnt shift it,dont worry my friend its just your anxiety,try dropping your shoulders and relaxing,or i used to have a little nap,hope this helps a little tc

joannap
02-02-08, 21:45
i don;t think there is anything i don't know about headaches! i have had them from a child but when my anxiety was really bad i literally had a headache for 3 years straight! it variated from a feeling of constant tension to pain so bad i couldn;t stand up - it was all stress/tension - my vision used to go slightly blurry too.

the doc will only investigate if you have other symptoms - ironically enough headaches are not the main symptoms in brain tumours but it may be worth a visit just to put your mind at rest.

the worst thing you can do is to take syndol or strong painkillers as it can set up a cycle of rebound headaches. i was under the headache clinic at york for several months and they suggest to drink 8 glasses of water/herbal tea a day, make sure your bed is comfy, eat regularly and only take paracetamol or aspirin or ibuprofren - nothing stronger. self massage or a wheat bag around your shoulders should help too.

i truly sympathise because i went through hell with mine but after 3 years i decided i wasn;t going to care if they were there any more so i accepted them and gradually they eased over a period of time. i don;t really even get them at all now - just one every now and then.

HazyMind
03-02-08, 11:11
Hi,

Try not to worry as I'm sure you don't have a brain tumour. It's good that you have been to the optician and try and get reassurance from the fact if you did have a tumour the optician would have spotted something.

I used to get headaches every day with blurred vision but the more I accepted that it was the tension from all the worry of a tumour that was causing the headaches the tension soon calmed and the headaches eased......Now I need to work on accepting all my other symptoms as anxiety :unsure:

Hope you feel better soon.:hugs:

x

HazyMind
03-02-08, 11:19
Also do you have any muscle relaxation cd's you can listen to?.....You know the ones where you tense your muscles and then relax?

I think they are very helpful and I think they work so subconsciously you learn to relax when you tense.......if you know what I mean?:blush: :wacko:

I do think listening to mine everyday helped my headaches.:)

x

ladygrom
03-02-08, 11:27
hi i also get headaches quiet alot my doc said its tension headaches or cluster headaches i get them alot specialy wen im anxious tc xx

turnthelighton
03-02-08, 15:48
Thanks for the replies it does help. I have tried to relax but not always easy I am going to buy some relaxtion cd's and learn about self massage. You are right the more I think about the worse it gets. I seem to have a lot of floaters today in my eyes as well which makes me panic. Thanks again.

celia davies
03-02-08, 16:26
I always get headaches infact got 1 now its like a tight band round ur head an it seems foggy,tablets dont usually work 4 me either so just have 2 live with it xx

AngelHeart
05-02-08, 00:03
Headaches is one of the main symptoms of anxiety. I don't usally suffer from headaches but my head feels like it has a tight band around it. I also get blured vision and a twitchy eye when I am really stressed.

If you have had your eyes tested by an optitian and they feel that everything is fine after checking your eyes thoroughly, then you have nothing to worry about hun. I know its easier said than done because I was panicking over having a brain tumor too. But the optitian I went to see was great and after explaining my symptoms and checking my eyes, he said it was all caused by stress and anxiety.

Take care and try to relax. I like to read a book to relax me, unfortunaly I can still be there with it at 4am !!!

Po xx

Janinel
05-02-08, 05:42
I am going through the exact same kind of anxiety right now, I just started getting headaches after seeing a movie about a guy with a brain tumor and now it's all I can think about. It's so scary and I'm absolutely sure sometimes that it's a tumour. I went to see the doctor and he asked me some questions and said they were probably tension headaches but I still worry that he didn't examine me enough. Also I'm living in Korea at the moment and I'm always worried that my doctor didnt understand me or something. My hypochondria started right after I got the flu- I think it has something to do with being so far away from my family or something. Anyway, if anyone can provide some reassurance that would be wonderful, this is really getting to me...

turnthelighton
05-02-08, 06:54
Hi Po & Everyone that replied. Thanks for this. I have had a really bad night and was at my wits end this morning thinking I need to see the doctor again I cant carry on with worry etc then I read these posts and it helped for how long I dont know but it has helped.

THANKS

Lets hope today is a better day. x