PDA

View Full Version : *Newbie* About me ...........

AngelHeart
03-02-08, 21:03
Hi all,
I am so glad I have come across this website and by chance too as I was 'googling' about lightheadedness :blush:

Having read some of the forums, I feel at last I have found a place where I have fellow sufferers who know what it feels to be like myself.

I will do a small introduction which will probably end up huge :D !! But it will help you understand why I am the way i am. Ready???

I'm Pauline (32) happily married with 3 gorgeous children, 2 girls and a boy who are 7,5 and 1. Lots of peaple ask me why I feel the way I do when I have got such a loving, supportive family but its not that easy is it? I work 2 jobs. One as a childminder for 2 days a week but i'm up at 6.30. The rest of the week up at 7am for my kids at school. I also work four evenings 6-10. Working packing shelves which is quite a physical job. I rarely go to bed before 12am and then when I do i'm usually reading as I don't sleep too good sometimes.

I suffer from depression, GAD, panic attacks and my main one is health anxiety.

I was abused as a child, physically and mentally. I was also molested by my mums boyfriend. I was bullied at school constantly so I have always had a low self esteem. My grandad ( who was a dad to me ) died in my arms 3 years ago of cancer and my Mum ( who I wasn't getting on well with at the time ) died at age 47, 5 months after my Gramps.:weep:

I started to suffer really badly after my second little girl was born. I initially had PND which turned into a nightmare. I use to shack 24/7 have multiple panic attacks and developed health anxiety where I thought every little ache and pain was cancer. At the time my Gramps was having cancer cut out of him left,right and centre and my relationship with my Mum wasn't very good.

It took me two years to start to feel *normal* (whatever that is!!) after going on anti d's for a while. For the last couple of years I have been quite good, with only the odd panic attack and obsessive behaviour over my health.

But.... 6 weeks ago my health anxiety as returned at full pelt and has knocked me off my feet. My GAD has returned with the panic attacks and feeling again that I have alsorts wrong with me.

I look forward to chatting with fellow sufferers and hoping to get comfort from the fact that I am not alone.

Thanks for reading all this ! :yesyes:

Pauline xxx

cl13
03-02-08, 21:23
Hi there

Welcome to the site, I am also new (joined about a week ago!!) :welcome: everyone has been so helpful and the is loads of information to help you get through your day and its great to know you are not alone

I suffer with general anxiety following the birth of my daughter 10 weeks ago, but I am getting there with the help of this site,

I lok forward to "chatting" with you soon

take care
Claire x

nikk_dolittle
03-02-08, 21:31
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a100/cajncat/11111111111111111111111111111111-1.gif

chalky
03-02-08, 21:32
Hi Pauline,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
There are others here who have also suffered abuse and will certainly understand the pain you have experienced.
Best wishes,
Chalky

margaret911
03-02-08, 21:37
Hi Pauline
:welcome: to nmp, hope this site helps you.
love Mags xxxx

Dave777
03-02-08, 21:55
Hi Pauline, glad you found us and welcome:flowers:

lorac
03-02-08, 22:05
Hi Pauline welcome I am sure you will find this site very helpful and meet lots of people to chat to.

Love
Carol

groovygranny
03-02-08, 22:13
Hello Pauline:welcome: to you!

You most certainly aren't alone, and knowing that sure helps a lot even when you have the support of a loving family. It certainly helped me.

You have been through some horrendous times and I'm really not surprised that you suffer as you do.

But, we're all here to help one oanother and I hope that you will find that too.

Pleased to meet you - and so glad you decided to join us!

:flowers:

Pink Princess
04-02-08, 02:59
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z24/ns-mymyspacelayouts/stopping-by-to-say-hello-gotta-go-s.gif

hey welcome to the site, hope you get a lot of help xx take kare xx

Southern_Belle
04-02-08, 04:20
Hi Pauline,

Welcome to NMP. You have had to cope with quite a bit of trauma and then loss along with PND. I can't imagine what all you have been through and personally I think you have done a great job. You will find many others here who feel like you do and will get needed support.

Hugs,

Laura

manmoor
04-02-08, 09:47
Hi Pauline,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

nomorepanic
04-02-08, 20:20
Hi Pauline

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Sorry to hear all you have been through - that is a lot to cope with over the years.

trac67
04-02-08, 20:56
Hi Pauline,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Nibbles
04-02-08, 22:31
Hi Pauline and :welcome:

You'll get loads of support and advice here while making new friends along the way. You've really been through some tough times and I think to raise a family and work two jobs is brilliant! :yesyes: :hugs: You might find the links on the left useful as they are full of information.

Take care,

Mike :)

Wolfie
05-02-08, 20:52
Hello Pauline!

Welcome to NMP!! :) :) :)

There is tons of advice avaliable at NMP and I hope you find it useful hun! :)

Hope to speak to you soon!

Love,

Wolfie xx

Lindalou64
06-02-08, 12:17
HELLO PAULINE AND WELCOME............LINDA

Hope 2
07-02-08, 21:48
Hello Pauline,

I am glad you found this site too ! What a brave person you are :winks: .
Thank you for sharing your story it has inspired me to keep trying to
banish my demons, of which some are similar to yours.

I think u r a bit like me and most folk on here who use humour to keep you going , so you don't go completely:wacko: . I think here is the best place to come also cos family can't always get their head round us types !

Anyway keep up the good work,
these r for you :flowers: .

Thanks again
Hope x x

Lilith1980
08-02-08, 11:09
Hi Pauline

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx