PDA

View Full Version : Ache in right side by stomach

AngelHeart
03-02-08, 21:44
Hiya,
My first health anxiety post :unsure:

Since my little boy was born 14 months ago I have had an ache in my right side next to my stomach. The Dr said it was a torn muscle after giving birth. But it never went away. I don't have it all the time but alot. Sometimes it can be quite painful and other times a dull ache. I get it in my back to. It can get worse the more I do.

I wasn't happy that the pain was still there so went back to see my Dr before Christmas who said it could be a liver infection and to get my bloods done. Well this sent me into a spiral of OMG I have something seriously wrong with me!!

My bloods came back normal as did the ones I had not long after my baby was born. However because of my state of mind I was refered to have an abdominal scan to see if its gall stones. But still I worry that its something serious. I am due to go tomorrow for the scan.

Has anyone had this before?
Would I have shown other symptoms by now if it was something more serious as I've had it 14 months?

Your replies would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Pauline xx

countrygirl
03-02-08, 22:21
Gall bladder attacks tend to be severe pain for few hours anything from one to 12 hrs then goes away. You will be extremely tender under your right rib to press - when you have the pain try breathing in, pushing your fingers gently! under your right rib then breathing out - this pushes your gallbladder against your fingers and believe me if its that you will yelp with pain. Gallbladder pain also tends to go up into your shoulder on right side as well and can also cause your stools to be very pale grey. I speak from experience here!!

IF your scan shows gallstones don't rush to have it removed unless you want to of course. I have had lots of little gallstones for past 20 years and apart form the first attacks they don't bother me because I found out what irritates them ( hot pastry, cream and chocolate) and just avoid those foods totally. Obviously if you can't find trigger foods or the pain continues unabated and you have gallstones then consider having your gallbladder out.

The pain could also be coming from your spine - again from expeirence I have severe spinal degenration and I get pain all over my body especially round ribs thats spine related - do you get any odd skin sensations in the area of your pain that could be irritated nerves from spine???

Just my humble thoughts and good luck with the ultrasound - its nothing I have one very two years to check my gallstones aren't causing a problem.

Tullemolle
03-02-08, 22:38
The pain could also be coming from your spine - again from expeirence I have severe spinal degenration and I get pain all over my body especially round ribs thats spine related .

Sounds like me..:winks:

When I started having this pain in liverarea, I allmost died from anxiety...but I went to see DR. and the pain was coming from my back, around the body so I felt the pain in front. All my blodtest have been Excellent...so dont worry!! IŽ, so sure you have just the same. :bighug1:

Greetings from Tullemolle

Alisonj
04-02-08, 02:19
I have that exact same pain and have had it since my daughter was born 8 mnths ago!!! I am always worried it is my pancreas because I had an attack in November. Either that or my liver. I have had ultrasounds and blood work done as well and they have found nothing. I know how stressful it is not knowing what it is. Hugs to you!

Janieb
04-02-08, 08:24
I have all funny aches and pains since having my son, and a strange sensation in my back! I can't really offer a lot of suggestion but hope the pain goes away soon.

The doctors always told me that if it was serious it going generate into a bigger problem over time. I guess the fact it has remained very much as that could be an indication that it might not be serious. If you are still concerned maybe go back to the doc, at the end of your day it's your health.

Take care,
Jane