PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Effexor/Venlafaxine Dose - CALLING ALL MEN

Phil
04-02-08, 01:46
Hey guys,

I've been on a steadily increasing dose of Venlafaxine HCL for the last few years now, and I'm beginning to lower my dosage with the hope of getting off of it altogether. My dose topped out at 225mg, and I've spent the last week on 150mg without any problems. In a few days I'm going to take it down to 75mg.

My primary reason for lowering the dose is that my sex drive whilst on 150mg and 225mg has been really low, and my sexual function is vastly reduced. I'm a 22 year old healthy guy, and I miss getting spontaneous erections and having a sexual appetite. These days I can quite happily go without masturbating altogether, and now that I've got a girlfriend and we're beginning to get physically intimate I want to WANT her in that visceral passionate way that I used to feel towards girls I found attractive.

What I want to know is how long I can expect it to take for my sex drive to go back to normal? When I was initially on 75mg my sex drive didn't go down much, but I suffered from anorgasmia which eventually went away. Does anyone have any experience of how long it may take for me to return to normal?

redjeff
06-02-08, 17:54
hi it didn't take long to be able to orgasm after stopping the meds, my libido hasn't returned ,but that is due to a longstanding depression which has been hard to treat.