PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety :(

erialc
04-02-08, 21:17
I wasn't sure whether to post this or not but here goes.......

I had some bad news at the weekend, a v close friend of mine's sister died at a very young age (34!!!!!) from Cancer:weep:
I was shocked and sad.

The reason I am posting it here is because since then I have been all over the place.... am sure my health anx is gonna creep back up on me although I am trying to fight it as best I can. Am even going to a a gym/health club tomorrow night to try and be more active and healthy (the people that know me are probably doing this :roflmao:)

I know its probably just thinking about someone so young dying and it brings stuff to your mind. In a way I feel a bit selfish because as well as thinking about my friend and her family and how sad they are I am also thinking about me and the what ifs and all thats goes on in your head with HA.

I feel better now having shared that

Thanks

Claire xxx

Jaco45er
04-02-08, 21:36
((((((((((Claire))))))))))))

So sorry to hear about your friends sister.

The gym will do you good.

Jaco xx

Janieb
04-02-08, 22:11
I am sorry to hear the news, thing like that get my HA up as well, gym sounds like a good idea...I should be there tonight myself!

Take care!
Janie

doglover
04-02-08, 23:07
I'm so sorry for your friend and her family. It is always a shock when you know someone who is affected by such a tragedy and its totally understandable that you are now worrying about your own health. Its not selfish. I would be exactly the same. I hope you manage to keep your HA under control and good luck with the gym. Im going swimming in the morning! Hate going :mad: but feel great when ive done it. :yesyes:
Donna

margaret911
04-02-08, 23:51
So sorry to hear about your friends sister, such a young age to die.
Good luck at the gym tomorrow, it will do you good. :hugs:
love Mags xxxx

chalky
05-02-08, 00:10
Hi Claire,

Sorry to hear such sad news.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

It is normal that you would be affected by such news in this way.
Similar experiences have had the same effect on me.
The gym is an excellent idea.
Best wishes,
Chalky

JennyW
05-02-08, 09:42
Hi Claire,

Sorry to hear such sad news.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

It is normal that you would be affected by such news in this way.
Similar experiences have had the same effect on me.
The gym is an excellent idea.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Hello Claire. This happens to me too. After I lost my dad, my HA was sky high and during this time, unfortunately 2 friends of mine lost someone close to cancer. It really affected me and I assumed was going to get cancer too.

Going to the gym will be good for you :yesyes:

jodie
05-02-08, 12:33
hiya claire :grouphug:

i know how you are feeling one of my close frends is ill and it has made me feel just the way you are feling but it is not selfish it just makes you relise what could happen and that somtimes makes us with health anx panic .
as jaco has sead the gym will do you good i love going it is good for stress and panic hun

love jodie xxxxx:hugs:

Pink Princess
05-02-08, 14:00
http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q130/jsscamoonp55/chrglt/friendshipAndLove/angelHugsForYouBlack.jpg

hey claire xx

sorry to hear the news, i know its been hard on you but youll feel better soon and hopefully the gym will do you good xxx

p.s, then you can treat yourself to some peanut poppets cant you ?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wolfie
05-02-08, 20:50
Hi Claire,

I'm sorry to hear the news hun xxx

I'm sending you big special Wolfie hugs, and hopefully you will feel better soon hun. And you will get many benefits from going to the gym! Don't do too much tho!

Lots of love and hugs,

Chrissy xx

Dying_Swan
07-02-08, 00:21
Awww Claire :hugs::hugs:

So sorry to hear your sad news.

I don't think you're selfish at all. I think it's perfectly normal for someone with HA to think these things and to worry about it.

Hope the new healthy lifestyle does the trick :D

xxx :flowers:

erialc
07-02-08, 22:32
Thanks peeps xxxx