PDA

View Full Version : You can beat it, I have!!

tara
09-03-05, 16:42
Hi all, I just wanted to let you all know how i'm doing seeing as I haven't been here for a while.

I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks two years ago and I thought my life would never be the same again, I was to be like this forever, or so I thought !

It's been a long 2 years through which i've had so many ups and downs and at times I couldn't see a light at the end of the tunnel, but I can tell you all now there is a light, a real big one, and it's fantastic when you've found it.

I feel so positive and happy with myself and my life and I have felt like this for a few months now. I have a part time job which is going great, I can now drive anywhere I need to go, I feel confident in suituations that used to scare me to death, such as shopping queues and driving.

I can now take my four year old son out by myself and every weekend I drive 40 miles to take my son swimming, all by myself !!!
I also take him to football club every monday, all by myself again.
I used to be so hindered by my anxiety and panic, and now I feel free and confident in myself, it's a great feeling.

I still take my medication which I have never seen as a problem (propanonol and cipralex). I hope this gives you all some hope that it can be beaten and that you don't have to be a sufferer.

Take care all Tara xxx:D

lainey
09-03-05, 16:52
Hi Tara

Well done you, that's great news.
You have done so well

Take care

Elaine x

Tracy68
09-03-05, 16:58
Hi Tara
Good on ya. Its always nice to hear of good news. Please keep us posted on how you're doing it'll give us all some encouragement.
Take care
Tracy
x

lisarose
09-03-05, 17:19
Hi Tara, you have done so well!!! you should be really proud of yourself. You are a real inspiration to people and prove that this illness can be overcome and that it is not for life and you prove that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I wish you every success for the future.
Take care
Love Lisaxxx

sal
09-03-05, 17:49
Hi Tara

Its great to hear from you and even better that you are doing so well. Look how far you have come when you doubted everything.

You are proof that it can be overcome and an inspiration to us all.

Well done you and thanks for letting us know how well it is going for you.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

pips
09-03-05, 17:57
Hi Tara,

A big well done to you! Keep up the good work you can do it!

Take Care

Love PIP'S XX

FAN
09-03-05, 18:08
hi well done, great you posted to let us know of your success its an inspiration for every one

fan x

vernon
09-03-05, 18:16
Hiya Tara. Missed u in chat been asking everyone have they heared from you. So happy to hear you are doing so well thats realy good to hear. Take caare. Vernon xxx (arat) lol

jill
09-03-05, 19:17
Hi Tara

Great news to hear that you are doing soooo well.
It shows other sufferes that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
A big WELL DONE.

LOVE JILLXX

nomorepanic
09-03-05, 20:17
Tara

Great to hear from you. I was in Wales again a few weeks ago but didn't like to bother you as I thought you were maybe having a setback and didn't want to be disturbed.

Look what was happening in reality - you were doing so well and getting on with life!!

Thanks so much for posting an update - we have missed you.

Hope to hear more from you soon.

xxxx

Nicola

bubbles
09-03-05, 20:19
Tara,

Great news that you feel so much better. It helps everyone to know that it can, & does, happen.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

MRC
09-03-05, 21:03
Thank's it's nice to hear good news stories when you are down in the dumps.

jude
09-03-05, 22:39
Hi Tara,

Thats great news. Im so happy for you. Its so good to hear from someone who has recovered. Well done you!

Jude x

seh1980
09-03-05, 23:25
hi Tara,

I was wondering where you had got to!! Am so glad to hear how well you have been doing - just goes to show that we are ALL capable of getting better. Well done mate!!

Sarah :D

andrew
10-03-05, 01:07
hi tara,

pleased to read your feeling happy and positive, tc ... andrew