PDA

View Full Version : Feelin Better.... I Think.

Allwaysdyin
05-02-08, 07:39
G'day All

I'm a 29yo bloke from Brisbane Australia Married to the girl of my dreams, I have been suffering from Panic Attacks, Health, Social and General Anxiety since November 2005 it all started for me waking up one night and being very dizzy with racing heart, sweating(for no reason). My first thought was that, this was it I was dying, I woke my wife and she took me straight to the hospital, after 3 hours of tests they sent me home with no answer. I went to the Doc's the next day and was told I had an inner ear virus and it should pass in several weeks. However I was still getting dizzy and feeling very detached for the next couple of months so I done the worst thing I think you could possibly do, and I looked up symptoms on the internet and ever since I have been stressing and worrying about strokes and heart attacks. And had been in and out of the emergency ward more times than I can count. I have been reading the posts on this sight for a while and thought maybe its time to join up and talk about it, I have read some very sad stories how some people feel so helpless, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. My worst time was about Sept/Oct/Nov 2007 when I was having PA's once a day and once a night for about 2 months, it was the most dreadful time of my life. After waking up 11.30pm one night with a real bad PA I thought stuff this and grabbed my Dog and went for a run, I felt so great after the run and thought I will do this when ever I start feeling anxious, after a month of this, the pa's stopped (Haven't had on for about 3 months) and my anxiety has decreased enormously. This obviously wouldn't work for everybody but it sure does for me. Although I still worry quite a bit about my health Mainly my heart as I do get the dreaded butterflies in the chest even though I have had numerous ECG's CT Scans blood tests you name it, everything has come back fine, there is still that lttle bit of doubt in my mind thats saying "what if they missed something". I have been seeing a Doc who specializes in PA/AD Ect.. for about a month now (she is fantastic) and this coupled with the exercise has helped so much, although I am aware that its a slow process and I will most likely have more Pa's but I have finally found a way to deal with them.

I look forward to chatting to you all.

Cheers

Greg

Hope 2
05-02-08, 10:02
Hiya Greg

I am pretty new here and just wanted to say hello .
Although I don't have the same conditions as you I do have anxiety probs.
I am better than I was, a lot being down to this site .
I have just got a dog, maybe I should start charging round the neighbourhood too lol.
I really hope you find what your looking for from here and wish you well :D .

Bye for now
Hope x x

Lilith1980
05-02-08, 11:00
Hi Greg, welcome to NMP :D

There are some great people on this site and we all support and encourage each other so you've made the right move in joining. Its nice to feel you're not alone isnt it :)

Jo xxxxx

manmoor
05-02-08, 12:34
Hi Greg,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Nibbles
05-02-08, 13:38
Hi Greg and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. It's great to hear how things are improving for you and think you're doing really well. Do you mind if I ask how often you exercise like this as it's something I might consider.

Take care,

Mike :)

Pink Princess
05-02-08, 13:48
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc275/cb7zq/hello/029.gif

welcome to the site xx take kare xx

chalky
05-02-08, 16:23
Hi Greg,

Welome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

weeble40
05-02-08, 19:58
HI and welcome hope to see you around sometime

Emma xx

Wolfie
05-02-08, 20:44
Hello Gregg,

Welcome to NMP!! :) :) :)

Hope we can speak soon!

Love,

Wolfie xx

trac67
05-02-08, 21:23
Hi Greg,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

groovygranny
05-02-08, 23:01
Hello Greg:welcome: to you!

Boy, you really have been through it - but what progress you've made, that's great!

Glad you joined us here though and you'll find plenty of people to talk to who have had similar experiences to you.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Allwaysdyin
05-02-08, 23:19
Cheers all for the warm welcome. Mike I do a run/walk about 30-45mins 5 or 6 nights a week and if I get up early enough before work I go for a quick 30min jog, nothing to strenuous just enough to get sweatin.

Cheers

Greg

sarajane
06-02-08, 02:49
:welcome: Greg,

Nice to see another aussie join.

I'm only 4 hours south of you in Grafton.

Welcome to NMP.

Sarajane (SJ)

Allwaysdyin
06-02-08, 03:44
Hey Sarajane

Thanks for the welcome, it is good to see another Aussie.

Cheers

Greg

Lindalou64
06-02-08, 12:13
HELLO GREG AND WELCOME............LINDA

nomorepanic
06-02-08, 21:57
Hi Greg

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

alice G
10-02-08, 10:59
i dont do the running thing but i do have a dog and i know on my worse days its him that makes me go out for a little walk if i didnt have him i know i woudlnt even bother. In a lot of ways he has saved my life..