PDA

View Full Version : Hello

choco
09-03-05, 16:49
Hi

I'm pip and I suffer from depression, I started feeling like this when I was 10 years old, the problem lasted for a few months, my mum took me to see a doctor I started to feel better. Now after a few years I feel the same but worse, I've tried to kill myself a few times and everyday I just feel worse. I hope you can understand.

Tracy68
09-03-05, 16:54
Hi Pip
Welcome to the site, you've come to the right place. Sorry to hear that things aren't good for you at the moment but i'm sure with the help and support from everyone on here we can help you through these difficult times.
Take care
Tracy
x

lisarose
09-03-05, 17:11
Hi Pip, I know how you feel, I also suffer from depression since my 2nd child was 5 months old and know how hard it is to deal with. I suffer from panic attacks and generl anxiety too which makes it worse but since starting medication and finding this website I now feel so much better, everyone here is so friendly and will always try to help as much as they can and they know what it is like to suffer with this terrible illnesss. You are not alone and have come to the right place. I have also tried to attempt suicide twice so know how you feel in that respect, nobody understands unles they have been there.

Hope you find this website as helpful as I have and if you ever need to talk about anything you can send me a PM or email me at lisarosemoore@msn.com.
Hope you feel better soon and things will get better for you I promise.
Take care
Love Lisaxx

sal
09-03-05, 17:47
Hi Pip

Welcome to the site. I am sure we will be able to help you and give you lots of support to start helping you to understand what is happening and getting you feeling a lot better.

Tell us more about yourself hon.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

FAN
09-03-05, 18:00
hi welcome to the forum im sure you will find it helpful

fan x

vernon
09-03-05, 18:21
hi Pip, Welcome to the site, I am sure u will get lots of help here. Good Luck. Vernon

jill
09-03-05, 18:40
Hi Pip

Welcome to the site

There are lots of nice people here who understand what you
are going through and will give you lots of help and support.

TAKE CARE LOVE JILLXXX

nomorepanic
09-03-05, 19:19
Hiya Pip and welcome aboard.

We will try to help all we can so ask any questions you want to and we will try to answer.

Hope to hear more from you soon.

Nicola

Karen
09-03-05, 19:37
Hi Pip

Welcome to the forum. Sorry that you are having such a bad time of things at the moment. I've suffered from depression for a number of years and mine started when I was about 12. I've also attempted suicide several times in the past so I understand how things can seem so bad that this appears to be the only way out. However, things can improve and you can get better. Suicide is a permanent solution to what is a temporary problem. No matter how bad you are feeling right at that moment in time, you don't know what tomorrow will bring, let alone the rest of your future. It would be such a shame to throw your life away on the despair you feel at the time when depression is an illess which can be helped with treatment.

I'm struggling with a fairly bad patch of depression myself at the moment, and have times when I feel like life is no longer worth living and I want to give up. I know at these times I don't have the strength or will to keep going for myself. What helps me is to think about someone I care for a lot and who is very important to me. I think about what my death would do to her and I wouldn't want to hurt her for the world. I don't know whether this is something that might help you.

Do you have some support around you, from your Mum or friends? Are you having any treatment for the depression?

Everyone here is very friendly and supportive, and we'll be here to help you through this.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

bubbles
09-03-05, 19:48
Pip,

Welcome to the site. I'm sorry to hear that you feel so bad at the moment but with help & support it will get better.

Lots of people here who understand how you feel & will help all they can.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

MRC
09-03-05, 19:51
We all understand.