PDA

View Full Version : Are you Superstitious?

helpsarah
05-02-08, 17:46
i am. i take everything as a sign that something is wrong or something bad will happen. and not just "a black cat crosses your path kind of thing" but my mind makes really odd connections. there is a family in my town and two of the four sons have had cancer. one recently died. well, now i'm afraid to go certain places b/c i'm afraid i will see a member of this family -- like by seeing these people means the same thing could happen to me. plus, i work at a hospital. i'll see someone with no hair and literally not look at them b/c i'm afraid if i do the same thing will happen to me. does anyone else do this?

my mind makes crazy connections between myself and totally unrelated events/people. is anyone else like this?

snuggles
05-02-08, 20:04
A place where I volenteer there are two people there with cancer. I was like oh no there is going to be a thrid person (because everything comes in three's) and it will be me. Then two weeks later I just had the biopsy and now I am SURE I just must have cancer. I am going to be the third person. I know it is dumb but I do it. My Mom put that in my head. I remember that from when I was young.

helpsarah
06-02-08, 13:24
that's exactly what i mean! it's so weird how our minds work. to a "normal" person it seems totally irrational. just about anything can freak me out or get me thinking, "oh no. i'm next."

snuggles
06-02-08, 22:28
Don't walk to the other side of the pole when walking down the street with someone or you will fight LOL Silly stuff. Don't open umbrella in the house

nomorepanic
06-02-08, 23:07
Remember these are just thoughts and not actions.

We think that these things will happen but in reality they won't.

Our thoughts are very confused when we suffer with anxiety remember.

yorkylover
07-02-08, 00:03
I used to worry about friday the 13th until my better half bought me a scratch card and I had a big win,it was a very lucky day for me.:yesyes:

Another friday the 13th a little canary landed on my window ledge,so she got lucky on that day because I gave her a loving home.(called her Lucky)

My dad always says dont put shoes on the table its un lucky,so I dont!!!!:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: