PDA

View Full Version : finally did it

KGlynn420
05-02-08, 21:08
I finally made an appointment to see a therapist. i have tried many times before but cancelled due to the anticipation. Just making the call made me get anxiety. now i have to wait for a call back to see who can take me and when i can go in for my first appointment i am so nervous but i want to get over this. I have had anxiety for as long as i can remember so like 20 years. im only 24. hopefully all goes well. Any one had any luck with therapy?

Yvonne
05-02-08, 21:33
So you've had anxiety since you were 4??? Would you really remember hun?

Anyway, I just want to put your mind at rest about the therapy. You got scared making the phone call and that is natural because this call was about you admitting to yourself that you need help. Well done.

Therapy is fine and nothing to worry about. It may be scary on first meeting with the therapist - walking through the door may make you anxious but just go ahead and do it.

Therapists are trained to deal with people like us and do this day in day out. They are normally quietly spoken caring individuals who make us very comfortable to speak about what is troubling us.

You have done the right thing and you have done something for yourself to help with your recovery.

Take care.

chalky
05-02-08, 21:36
Hi K,

Well done for doing something really positive about your health.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

I hope it goes well for you.
Best wishes,
Chalky