PDA

View Full Version : Re-assurance please!

kt
09-03-05, 18:30
Am really trying not to get anxious over this but not doing very well. Have had a cold recently and so have been blowing my nose alot. I have noticed though that I have had really slight nose bleeds, it seems as tho the inside of my nose is grazed. This is really freaking me out as the inside of my right nostril seems more inflamed than the left. (Oh my god could I be any more paranoid?!) Talk about analysing everthing! Saw gp today about something else and mentioned my nose to her, she said this was common after having a cold. I wasn't re-assured by this as she didn't examine me, keep thinking it's early signs of leukemia! Probably being totally paranoid but can someone please put my mind at rest, I don't suffer nose bleeds usually. KT x

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

FAN
09-03-05, 18:36
hi it is common with a cold just as getting sore under the nose with wiping it so dont worry too much the doc said its nothing so try to remind yourself that im sure it will get better as the cold goes away try not worry too much

fan x

lainey
09-03-05, 18:37
Hi KT

I always get this when I have a cold, the mucous membranes inside your nose become inflammed which makes the small blood vessels very delicate, thus when you blow your nose one of them might bleed. As your GP says it's very common.

Hope this helps

Take care

Elaine x

sal
09-03-05, 19:01
Hi KT

As Elaine says it is very common with a cold and it is also common for us anxiety suffers to make it seem so much more. I hope these replies have given you more reassurance than your doctor did.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

nomorepanic
09-03-05, 19:58
KT

I get this sometimes - even yesterday - and I haven't got a cold at the moment.

I just shrugged it off as one of those things as that is what it is.

Nicola

bubbles
09-03-05, 20:01
KT,

It is normal to get slight nose bleeds if you've had a cold, as your poor ol' nose heals itself. I get this every time I even get the sniffles even if it's not a full cold.

I hope you feel better soon.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

kt
09-03-05, 20:08
Thanks for replies and for calming down again!! I find it very difficult being rational about things when i'm anxious as most of you will understand. KT xxx

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

seh1980
09-03-05, 23:23
I always have this as well after a cold. Don't worry about sounding paranoid - we all get like that sometimes!! :D