PDA

View Full Version : painful headaches

louise0501
05-02-08, 22:36
hi there,

over the past week i have been getting some really painful headaches, its really painful on one side of my forehead, there is also a dull ache down my nose and on my face. i take paracetamol for them but it doesn't seem to shift them.

i'm starting to get a fear that i may have a brain tumour, i spent all of october last year terrified i had a brain tumour and i don't wanna go through that again. i don't seem to have them during the day, only seems to come on at aout 7 in the evening and its nightmare if i'm at work coz they are really painful. any advice and/or reassurance?

Please reply

Luv Louise

belle
05-02-08, 22:45
Hi there..
Sounds to me like you have sinus problems. I've been experiencing terrible head pains over my right eye/eyebrow for about 3 - 4 weeks now, every single day.
If you still have them next week you made need antibiotics or something?

x

turnthelighton
06-02-08, 06:14
Hi, I know how you are feeling. I was up all last night with a headache and because I could not relex its made it worse. It could be sinus or it could be the anxiety. I am learning that the anxiety is a very powerful thing.

I hope you can relax soon, if you are still worried maybe visit your GP to check your sinus.

Hope you feel better.:D

countrygirl
06-02-08, 19:29
Could be sinus or cluster headache. cluster headaches are typically excruitiatingly painful and occur in same place at same time every day for a period of time then go away .

Get your Dr to check your sinuses in case its an infection but wouldn't expect it to go away during day it is was your sinuses but Dr will know.

belle
06-02-08, 20:20
Cluster headache? I youtube'd headaches about 2 weeks ago and watch a video of someone with a "Cluster Headache" and it is excruciating pain.....it looked like the guy was going to pass out or something.

I'd go for sinus as its in your nose and face.

Dying_Swan
07-02-08, 00:19
Sinus is definitely my first thought.

Have you tried Sudafed? It can be quite good for Sinus pain. Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory and might help more than paracetamol (don't take it if you have asthma).

You mention that it starts in the evening. This can be indicative of eyesight problems....so worth getting your eyes tested if you haven't had it done for a while. I was getting headaches a while ago and had an eye test. The opthalmologist said that usually, if it's your eyes it tends to be in the afternoon or evening when the headache starts, and then you rest them overnight so it's gone in the morning.

The fact that it's down your nose though, sounds just like sinus pain. See the GP and they should be able to advise you. I'm sure it's nothing serious :hugs:

xxx :flowers: