PDA

View Full Version : Rituals rule my life

MRC
09-03-05, 19:52
I find that rituals rule my life.

I have to be very specific about how I do things. Even down to a specific style of knife and fork I use.

What order I do thikngs in in the day ect, ect.

The compulstions are so overwhelming I feel as if I can't do something else until I have completed my sequence of rituals.

I have tried many tpes of medication but have allergies to nearly all of them , and idea for help?

FAN
09-03-05, 20:04
hi my ocd is numbers i have to do everything a set number of times or i have to reach a certain number before i get to a particular point i find it really frustrating as doping the simplest tasks takes ages and i can never do anything on the spur of the moment because i have the numbers to do first but im sure you will get help and advice on here and find it easier to cope with it all

fan x

MRC
09-03-05, 20:08
That is exactly like me. I have such anxiety over order and indexing everything from my CD's to DVD ect ect.

If I have to leave the house for say an appointment, I am overcome with anxiety that when I return everything will be out of order or not as Ii left it.

This is the first time I have been able to talk of such things in public all be it a forum.

Thank you.

FAN
09-03-05, 20:12
it really helps to talk about it and there is a chat room that gets quite full after 8pm you might try that

fan x

nomorepanic
09-03-05, 21:06
MRC

I am not suggesting you leave us and go to another forum but there is a great website at http://www.ocduk.org/ and they too have a message forum.

You may get some great answers in there too.

Nicola

MRC
09-03-05, 21:58
LOL, i'm gready I've not just got OCD, I've got agraphobia, anxiety attacs, depression and no friends so i am totaly screwed lol

Seriously though I have a lot of stuff to combat and the more support I can muster the better things will be.

Thank you for your post.

Eddie

nomorepanic
09-03-05, 22:52
Eddie

That comes with the territory doesn't it - we get them all lol!!

Well you are more than welcome here so stick around ok.

Nicola

MRC
09-03-05, 23:50
Thank;s it's the only form I can feel safe to be myself in.

jude
10-03-05, 10:21
Hi MRC,

I dont have OCD myself, But on listening to Claire Weekes audio tape last night she talked about rituals and I wondered if it might help.

She says that any obsession/ritual/compulsion is kept alive by the fear of it. Being frightened of it keeps it alive.
She goes on to explain that if you accept it, do it without letting it worry you, that it will stop.

As I said, Im no voice on this, but if you would like to listen to it, its called Hope and Help for your nerves. Its the audio tape and available from Amazon.co.uk. Nicola has a link to Amazon.

Jude x