PDA

View Full Version : start new job monday

peach
06-02-08, 21:15
hi hi !

ok, so you knew i went for the job...that 4 hour interview...lol..ughhhh...then i got the job..now im starting on monday....in the days im feeling ill be ok with it, but nights....another story...i always feel worst at night...so the bad dreams are coming on now, and the panicky feelings...."oh i cant do it...i feel so sick! what if something is really wrong and ill have to leave?".

i havent told the new boss about my "issues", mainly because i havent met him/her yetand i guess, im still in a little denial....( it took me a year to admit i have a mental problem)
i think my main issue is that some of the shifts ill have to do will finish at 9-10pm, so you can imagine, they will be tough for me.
also, why why does everything come at once???? (this is just a general gripe) my car is going to cost 1000$ to replace whole brake system....which i need cause no way im ready to tackle public transport yet....no way...lol...
and...all of a sudden, everyone wants us to attend night events in my first week of work!!!!! one night event without work is a big ordeal for me, cause i have to cope with the sick feelings...but 3 ?? in one week?...the week i start full time work training??? im gonna be a zombie with a chuck bucket close to me....hahahahahhh:scared10: and quite a mess by end of week...BUT...(there must always be a good side to things)- im hoping i will sleep really well by end of it...heheh

ok, wish me luck people, please...i need it now.....feelin the vibes....

need this job, owe so much money and really not prepared to sell my body for it, so this is the only other way...hehehe...

Lilith1980
06-02-08, 21:27
Peach,

Congratulations on getting the job hun - well done!!! :D

Now, take a deep breath and....relax. Try to stop thinking of so many things at once, no wonder you are frazzled hun ((hugs))

Are you ok to pay for the new brake system hun? I guess if you want to drive it is a necessary evil Could you put it on a card and pay back in chunks with the money you earn with the job?

As for the night events, are these work related or with friends? Try and see them as an opportunity to meet new people and get to know them. Could you take a friend for support hun? I know its frightening but try and see it as a new journey, a new chapter in your life. Its exciting!!!

Peach you are stronger than you think and you will be great at this job, you will prove your anxiety wrong!!

Jo

xxxxx

ceecee
07-02-08, 12:48
hi peach
i know how you feel hun
i just posted a similar thread myself!
BIG CONGRATULATIONS:yahoo: on the job
you,ll be fine
wishing you lots of luck

chalky
07-02-08, 12:55
Hi Peach,

Us lot don't do things in half measures!!!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Take this one day at a time and you will get there.
It's fantastic that you have got a new job.
I just spent £110 on my car-money I could ill afford but it has to be done.
I am goin to try full-time working again after years away from the job market and it feels both daunting and exciting.
Make sure you eat well,keep up good fluid intake and try to rest well.
Best wishes,
Chalky

domino
07-02-08, 12:56
Hi peach, congrats on the new job, get the fist day over and it will be a breeze, take some rescue remedy with you , and deep breaths , keep us posted and congrats again .:yesyes:

cardmaker
07-02-08, 22:26
I'm so thrilled for you Peach - what an achievement!!! :yesyes:

Do as the others have suggested - stop thinking so far ahead. Your first week in work shouldn't be too full on as they'll be showing you the ropes. Try and work out which of your colleagues seems the most sensitive and confide in them that you're very nervous/anxious. You'll probably find that they'll take the time each day to ask how you're feeling and help you to settle in.

As for the 3 nights out - do you really have to go? Do the organisers know it's your first week in work for sometime? I'm sure they'll understand if you aren't up to going.

Good luck for Monday - you'll be in my thoughts. And if things get tough just remember how far you've come, only a few weeks ago you thought you couldn't get through a 4 hour interview but you did!!!

:hugs:

peach
08-02-08, 02:19
thankyou all you wonderful wonderful people!

the support on here is just fantastic! i will do as all of you have suggested and take it a day at a time. i think this is the only option anyway...lolol...

chalky, youve responded to me a few times now, and always lovely and supportive. im posting these hurdles im going through because i want to think i can do it...if slowely...i want to try to inject more positive stories on this website to encourage us all when we need it and prove to each of us that we can acheive what we want, even the small things.

i havent met anyone 'bad' on here which really has restored my faith in humans. and not only not 'bad' but just wonderful support from people who havent met in real life but can get to know each other through this place. what a wonderful place this is. i am very thankful! you all rock!:yesyes:

Pink Princess
08-02-08, 04:58
good luck and hope it goes well for you xxxxxxxxx hugs xxxxxxxx