PDA

View Full Version : Doodle!

Bill
07-02-08, 01:42
When I was bored at work with nothing to do, I'd start doodling with my pen. I'd start with whatever thought I had and gradually add to the picture making it as elaborate as possible.

We don't have to be an artist or even good at drawing but when we sit in silence, try picking up a pencil and paper and write or draw.

Drawing a picture takes your mind to another world so it's a good distraction as it stops the mind from thinking about worrying thoughts when we're bored. It keeps the mind trained and stops anxious feelings from building.

When I was low I used to write my feelings into poetry. It was a release for my feelings.

What we Mustn't do is sit and Think because we'll always think of something to worry about which will trigger anxious feelings.:hugs:

Pink Princess
07-02-08, 02:58
thanks for that, i write poetry too and it does help xx

Lilith1980
07-02-08, 14:18
Yeah I normally write music, which I get so consumed in. Hours can go by and I dont know where they've gone! lol

I'm more biased for the creative things anyway ;)

Jo xxxxx

chalky
07-02-08, 14:23
Hi Bill,

What a simple yet fantastic idea!!

:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

I'm taking a pen and notepad to work with me today!
Best wishes,
Chalky

groovygranny
07-02-08, 22:33
Woah Bill!

I used to hide all my doodlings, for fear people would think I'd totally lost the plot!

I can't even hold a telephone conversation without doodling - trouble is, I can go the other way and concentrate more on my doodling than anything else!

But, it makes s o much sense - a brilliant distraction strategy!

I'll definitely keep it up - and the odd poem here and there too....now I know others do it!

Thank you!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Bill
09-02-08, 02:24
As you say GG.........I can go the other way and concentrate more on my doodling than anything else!...........including worrying about having panics!!!

Anything that engrosses a bored worrying mind will help us just as you've proved! Keep it up GG!:hugs: :)

Done any doodling yet Chalky???:)