PDA

View Full Version : scared of finding a new job

Janieb
07-02-08, 09:14
I am in a bit of a pickle. My job is not helping my stress/anx of depression. Infact it appears to be making it worse, my new "team leader" is such an idiot. He has hit on me, then critisized me, said sexist things like woman are pathetic, or woman just sh%t babies out there is nothing to it. I have a son.

Now my main boss is a honey pie and so very understanding, but this Team leader chap is like in the middle so normally I don't get to the main boss without mr team leaders say. Am I being to insensative. I can't go to HR because get this...he is sleeping with the woman in HR!!!!

LOVELY! being a mom and working is a mission, it appears you get no real break so to speak. I work hard and put in on average an additional 3 hours per week and often work my lunches, I don't stay late and leave on time simply because I want to be with my family and I come in early anyway. so this morning I was 2 minutes late, and he just had a go at me. I nearly cried! I felt like such an idiot, I mean I am very seldom late but if I drop Max at nursery because of the traffic and trying to find parking in our parking lot it can take me 2 minutes to get to my desk... this coupled with a few other things make me want to leave and find a company much more professional and flexible, i don't even want to be pregnant here again because I was made such fun that sometimes I felt ashamed to be pregnant.

Like I said maybe I am being to sensative but I want to look for something else. the problem is I am just to scared. Plus I work in the construction industry, I am a Quantity Surveyor, it's hard work with long hours I wish I could find a job to suit me the way I need it to...what a mission, I am just so worried and Anxious about finding something else it's like I will stay just for security of it all.

not to sure what to do, so I though I would just get it off my chest.
Thanks,
Jane

peach
07-02-08, 13:11
hi

i used to be the queen of changing jobs...lol...got sick of almost everything i started and quit usually a year later....

so i feel like an expert in this area...i suggest you go for other jobs...just go t the interviews, send in applications and just see....you can always back out if you dont like the place and say no if you change your mind after the interview. i always see it as, not only for them to see if they like you, but also for you to see if you like them, and can see yourself working there. that way, if you dont like it, youve still got your job you have now.

ive also had some shocking bosses as well, and totally understand you there too. i left those jobs, and still know i made the right choice. you can complain to your big boss and ask to be moved into a diff area?: is that possible?

team leaders can be a real pain in the ass, they not good enough to be boss, but think theyre great cause they have sometimes just a few ppl under them.....its not like they need a degree for that possition. some of them are amazing too tho...its just you will get ppl who are a pain in the butt at every job, so if you do leave, then make sure its for the right reasons.....

good luck with it all......

domino
07-02-08, 13:17
Hi do we work at the same place??????????????????????????if not , you middle man has 2 jobs as where i work, it could be the same block.[DOES HE WEAR A SUIT???? AS SOME GUYS THAT I HAVE COME ACROSS HAVE BIG AMBITIONS, BUT ALL THEY EVER WILL BE IS A SUIT.]

chalky
07-02-08, 13:18
Hi Jane,

The issues which you have raised leave you with two options:-

1. Leave and seek alternative employment.

2.Ring "honey pie" and ask for a meeting in confidence.

This idiot does not have the right to treat you in such an unprofessional manner and any employer worth his salt will not allow it to continue.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
You do not deserve to be treated like this nor should you have to suffer it.
Best wishes,
Chalky

domino
07-02-08, 13:21
alSO, MY MANGER, HAS NO MANAGEING SKILLS ,BUT HE THNKS HE DOES, HE,S SO FAR UP HIS OWN ARSE THAT I,M NOT SURPRISED THAT HE ,S GOT LIVER PROBLEMS. SORRY BUT IT HAD TO BE SAID.

Janieb
07-02-08, 13:40
alSO, MY MANGER, HAS NO MANAGEING SKILLS ,BUT HE THNKS HE DOES, HE,S SO FAR UP HIS OWN ARSE THAT I,M NOT SURPRISED THAT HE ,S GOT LIVER PROBLEMS. SORRY BUT IT HAD TO BE SAID.
:roflmao:
:sign20:

Omg that was rather theraputic, maybe my boss has a twin cause thats how I feel!

I think you got to laugh about it or else you would end of crying. Thank you all for your replies. I am going to speak to Mr "honeypie" next week tuesday about some other things maybe I will mention what an idiot my team leader is and go from there. In the meantime I have sent out my CV. Lets see how it goes. Wheather I stay or go it's stressful regardless.

Thanks all,
Jane

clickaway
07-02-08, 17:14
My boss was an ar$€hole too!

He was famous for his immature pranks that just upset people. Once in a training session, he just 'happened' to display an invoice addressed to my mum for her meals on wheels. But because I was so stressed I found it difficult to speak out but I did get as far as drafting an e-mail to him.

In the end, a female colleague went straight to the Director about him, and next time there was a re-organisation, he had the choice of redundancy or demotion.

Are you in a trade union? If so, get advice from them - you may be able to get him on harrassment.

Take Care,