PDA

View Full Version : I have allergies to so many forms of medication

MRC
09-03-05, 22:09
I have anti-alergic reaction to nearly everything I have tried.

I break out in rashes all over my body and they make me feel realy dizzy.

Has anybody has problems like mine with medications.

nomorepanic
09-03-05, 22:58
Hiya

I am dreadful with medications. I get really wary of antibitoics and cos of this I seem to get all the side effects - feeling dizzy and grotty and generally worse.

I don't come out in rashes but I seem to always feel worse on medication.

Not sure if there is something in it that doesn't agree with you or whether it is a bit like me and we "expect" to get side-effects so we do.

I used to be able to take anything without any issues and nowadays I refuse antibiotics etc for infections cos I hate them.

Anti-depressants didn't agree with me either I am afraid to say.

Is it real or is it our minds creating the problems I wonder?

Nicola

MRC
09-03-05, 23:57
I sometimes wonder if the anxiety of taking them in the past with bad experinces of dizzyness ect. can create a problem of anxiety as soon as we take them.

What do people think ofthis idea?

seh1980
10-03-05, 00:08
I do think that half of the problems we suffer from when on meds are totally in our heads. We read the side-effects booklet and because it says that we are going to suffer 'dizziness, etc' we do. Our minds are capable of so much more than we realise..

razocaine_07
10-03-05, 01:33
i have never suffered any reactions to meds. Apart from stated side-effects, but its best going back to sort it out with ur GP

ragsmonk1
18-03-05, 18:09
hello
my gp gave me amitryptolene and i took one last last, i dont do well on drugs either as i am drug sensitive. i still feel sick,out of it and dizzy so i wont be taking anymore. trouble is i am having a terrible day of panics and anxiety.

i went and bought some bach rescue remedy and have took a kalms herbal tablet so you are not alone with your aversuion to drus
marlene

FAN
18-03-05, 19:49
think im quite lucky with this although i have taken lots of different ones to find something that "worked" i have always been ok with them didnt even get the side effects..........could be i concentrate more on what i need the tablet to do rather than the side effects i never read the leaflets think if i did i would never take anything as some of the side effects sound worse than the illness

fan x

Tigga
23-03-05, 22:54
Hey MRC

I had the rashy blotchy, itchy spotty experience with my latest meds, not a good look!! (see my thread in this forum!) Am still trying to get another med sorted, but I've never had a reaction like that to any other medication, so I'm hoping it will be a one off! I agree with the others, its difficult to know what is a side effect and what is the result of being anxious about taking meds, but I guess if in doubt, best to check with GP or NHS direct. Personally I reckon lasting rashes are unlikely to be an anxiety thing and its important to tell your GP about it asap so he/she can sort it out!.. I think finding a good GP who is prepared to listen to you and take you seriously is half the battle - they are out there! Also, there are so many different meds around, if you decide you want to keep trying, I'm sure you'll find one that suits you better. Good luck!

x