PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy... What a week it has been! HELP PLEASE!

AdamJLeigh
07-02-08, 16:23
Loyal friends at NoMorePanic...

I am in need of a little support today... Here is my story:

Over the weekend, I developed the first signs/symptoms of a cold or a flu bug. I was very congested, began running a low-grad fever (never higher than 99.8), cough, stuffy/runny nose, etc). Well, the bug continued to get worse and I was home sick Monday-Wednesday. I attempted to return on Wednesday morning only to get to work and develop diarreah... so they sent me home.

Now, as a true health anxiety sufferer, I have worried all week that these symptoms are due to a underlying condition that will kill me... and I will be honest... I cannot stop symptom searching... I cannot stop taking my temp. (even to the point on buying a second thermometer to keep in my car for days just like this...). I take my temp probably every 20-30 minutes... and I am making myself crazy... not to mention my wife, mother, etc.

Do any of you have any suggestions to help me get through my day. I have been a-ok when it comes to anxiety recently until this illness came up... I know through reading that the flu is on the rampage in my area... so my heart knows that there is nothing wrong and this needs to run its course... but my head won't listen.

Thanks for your support...
-Adam

AdamJLeigh
07-02-08, 16:24
Shwew... I apologize for all the spelling errors!! SHAME ON ME... That just shows how anxious I am today...
-AJL

amandaj
07-02-08, 16:48
hi i know how you feel ive got a cold and to me it cant possibly be just that your are not alone hope you feel better soon

yorkylover
07-02-08, 16:49
Hi Adam.You need to keep busy and keep your self and your mind occupied.Try and stop taking your temp all the time.You really need to stop symptom searching,there are so many illnesses with similar symptoms to one another.
I hope you feel better soon,try and keep occupied.:hugs:

Lucky07
07-02-08, 17:37
I'm so sorry you've been having a rough time. I know how you feel about checking your symptoms all the time, etc. but I can assure you that you don't have some terrible disease. You have the cold/flu that everybody is getting right now. It has gone through my house two times in the last month now and every one of us has gotten it. You will feel better soon. :hugs:

sandbanks
07-02-08, 21:18
Hi adam
sorry to hear you have had such a crap week, me too woke up monday with sore throught by that evening nose all blocked hot sweats, not been good, but to tell you the truth, as strange as it sounds, not feeling well for a reason like having the flu, it better than feeling crap all the time, with no apparent reason. mad i no but hay least flu will go, this bleeding anxiety wont sling its hook lol hope next week better for you.

take care
sending all good wishes to u and to all that read
sandy

cassi23
08-02-08, 13:06
aw hun,

iv only just got over this sort of thing myself, i can imagine how crap you feel and have much sympathy.

You will be fine though, just make sure you drink plenty, try fresh orange juice for the vit C aswell, and if you're really concerned that your running a temp, take a paracetamol - that lowers temps. Hopefully you might start to feel a bit better too and not check your temp so much.

Take care
Cassi xxxxx

chalky
08-02-08, 13:24
Hi Adam,

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly!!
:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

I have just had flu for about 2 weeks and understand how debilitating this can be.
Eat well,drink plenty of fluids and rest well.
Keep things simple.
If I told you not to cross a road on a red light,you would listen ERGO
You can stop symptom checking cos if you don't,you will suffer!!!
Best wishes,
Chalky