PDA

View Full Version : Lorazepam and Clonazepam

Alisonj
07-02-08, 22:40
I have been taking lorazepam for 9 mnths now, normally only at bedtime. My doc just put me on clonazepam as well. Is it safe to take them both?

nomorepanic
07-02-08, 22:53
Didn't the doctor advise you on this?

Alisonj
08-02-08, 01:30
Yes, well he said that he thinks I would be ok. But to me that isnt all that reassuring

bet
08-02-08, 08:25
Is he normally a good doctor?him thinking you should be ok doesnt sound very professional or reassuring.could you re-check to feel reassured?These are both benzodiazapines not that this is a bad thing.

are you on other meds also?

bet x

joy
08-02-08, 09:15
seems odd to me as they are both benzos in the same class. Had the lorazapam stopped having any effect.? I think maybe you should double check with GP

Joy

Alisonj
08-02-08, 21:20
Ok, all I know is I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!! Seriously! I have been such a mess for the past week and since taking clonazepam yesterday things are much calmer!!!!

pete69
09-02-08, 13:05
Ok, all I know is I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!! Seriously! I have been such a mess for the past week and since taking clonazepam yesterday things are much calmer!!!!

:yesyes: clonos r great for anxiety,but i expect you will get a load of comments now on how addictive tranx r and you should only be on them short term..etc etc.....by the way you wont hear all that from me-as a sufferer of social anxiety they have been a god send and work 100 times more effective than any ssri i have been on with no side effects apart from tiredness .

good luck!

pete

Lindalou64
09-02-08, 14:58
I Take Clonzapam "klonopin" As Needed........and I Was Subscribed Floraxapam For Sleep When Needed........its All In The Valium Fam Maybe If The Clonzapam Is Working You Wont Need The Other ........i Wish You Well............linda

pete69
10-02-08, 10:20
a friend of mine is seeing his shrink tomoz to ask for klonopin(rivotril)clonazepam...i gave him a couple of 0.5mg tabs and 1 tab knocked his anxiety on the head and he felt the best he has in many years.

i said to him not to build his hopes up as clonazepam isnt given so readily but reading some of your posts i feel more reassured for him thathe will get it. if you read the leaflet that comes with them -anxiety isnt mentioned at all ,more a drug for epilepsy,but as its part of the benzo family its the best one i have tried for my anxiety....valium alas has stopped working for me-
pity as i have 200 10mg tabs hanging about--ebay banned me from selling em:ohmy:
good luck out there...:shades:

keepemlaughing
28-08-08, 19:58
clonazepam has .....well i don't know if it works or not. i just started two weeks ago. i have been having the urge to drink a lot. is this normal? is .5mg twice a day enough to make a difference?

PJ1
07-09-08, 10:46
HI all, I have just been prescribed some Lorazepam to use when I know I am going to feel anxious ie taking a flight... Having never taken medication for my anxiety before I am not too sure what to expect.... or whether to 'test' them before I fly next week. All advice gratfully received!