PDA

View Full Version : No longer going to the Doctor

Janvi
08-02-08, 07:50
Hi,

I have stopped goind to the Doc since nearly one year.However I still take my BP at home & it is normal. Is it neccessary to go to the Doc. I have stopped taking medecines. The Doc just check my BP & Examine me & give me Prozac. When I asked him whether Is it healthy to take these medecines during pregnance he asked me to see a gaenecologue. Please help me.

Janvi.

lesleyB
08-02-08, 10:22
Hi Janvi, I am not sure about the saftey of Prozac in pregnancy but your doctor should know about this. Does it say anything in the leaflet enclosed with the tablets, it normally states if it is not advisable to take while pregnant. I would try and see another doctor if I were you just to be safe.
Good luck:flowers:
Lesleyb

cassi23
08-02-08, 10:23
If you are pregnant and unsure about the medications, speak to a gynaecologist, they will know what you can and cannot take - your GP should really know too.

If there is anything you are really worried about see your GP, otherwise well done for managing to stay away for so long.
I feel as though I live half my life at my GP's surgery,LOL

Cassi23 xxx

lesleyB
08-02-08, 10:32
Hi Janvi, I have just looked on the web about prozac, and it just says to tell your doctor if you are pregnant or intend to breastfeed.
all the best:flowers:
Lesleyb

Janvi
12-02-08, 13:07
Thx for your nice advices.

But I think Im getting worst coz this week I got one relative & my colleagues brother In law who died of a sudden heart attack. The guy had no health porblem Yesterday I also heard on the radio during a stress management program that stress is a poison.It affects the health and can cause heart attack and since then I am very anxious & panicky. Getting palpitations at night & everynow & then. Does anybody feels the same way. Please help me? Is it true. Im getting very very very anxious thoughts and anxiety etc.