PDA

View Full Version : Hi...Another newie...

kerry-1972
08-02-08, 14:51
Hi Im Kerry...
Alittle about me i guess...Im 36 with 3 gorgous children from the eldest at 16 then 11 and 4 yrs and i have a great supportive partner...I had my first panic attack about 5/6 wks ago.It came out of the blue as i was eating my sunday lunch...I was having a heavy (sorry guys) period and think i convinced myself i was going to bleed to death,silly i know but at the time it was'nt...Anyway, nxt period due anyday now and feeling very anxious about it as i know its going to be a heavy one again..yI even went to docs to get the pill and have taken a months packet and still bleeding (bleed all way through it).Got thyroid blood test back today as well and that all ok so im guessing is hormonal...Anyway sorry to go on just wanted to say hi really and see if anyone else had the same prob while on the pill..

Kerry

Lilith1980
08-02-08, 14:57
Hi Kerrie

Welcome to NMP hun :)

I think you are starting to get anxious because you now associate having a period with these anxious feelings.

You know from last time that nothing bad happened, the bleeding stopped, so try to keep that in mind if you can. Your body is doing its natural thing, something it has done for years.

You will find plenty of support and advice on here so keep on posting :)

Jo xxxxx

kerry-1972
08-02-08, 15:08
Thanks Jo...

I know and im hoping by having a period again these anxious feeling will start receeding..

K

jodie
08-02-08, 18:20
hiya kerry

welcome to no more panic:grouphug:

jodie xxx

Nibbles
08-02-08, 19:25
Hi Kerry and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

trac67
08-02-08, 19:30
Hi Kerry,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Speak to your doctor about the merina coil, I had the same problems with the pill, and had that coil fitted and it stopped my periods completely, it has a slow release hormone in it.

Love

Trac xxx

nomorepanic
08-02-08, 21:20
Hi Kerry

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you

chalky
09-02-08, 00:35
Hi Kerry,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Pink Princess
09-02-08, 03:41
http://mycutegraphics.com/comments/hello/hello3.gif

welcome to the site, take kare xxx

kellie
09-02-08, 12:09
hiya kerry. welcome to nmp its lovely to have you here. hope to see you in the chat room where you will be most welcome and will get lots of support and good advice.
take care
kellie.

Lindalou64
09-02-08, 14:42
HELLO KERRY AND WELCOME .........WISH YOU WELL............LINDA

groovygranny
09-02-08, 19:07
Hello Kerry:welcome: to you!

I have some experience of what you're experiencing - but not whilst on the pill.

It can sometimes take a couple of months or more to determine whether a particular treatment is going to work for you - try and hang on for a bit longer. It's very distressing I know but the results of your thyroid test is good news.

Glad you found us here - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

alice G
10-02-08, 10:51
hi kerry iam a new member too i found a lot of good advice here the guys are really friendly . my symptoms get worse at that time of the month i think its the hormones racing. try the chat room its great.

LucyA
10-02-08, 11:46
Hi Kerry,
Welcome to NMP! I get anxious when I'm on my period as I get terrible cramps which mean I have to stay in for two days, convinced I'm giving birth with dizziness, a very upset stomach and depression. I know its not the same but I know the feeling of dread that you get! I agree with Trac67 about going to see your doc about the coil. Good luck hun :) xx