PDA

View Full Version : socially every going to change

breakingoutthistime
08-02-08, 15:45
For longer then can remember socially have always been a nightmare.
This is because

Want to go out and its always either limited to just going out somewhere simple like fish shop get fish or going out for a drive somewhere lack of money makes things hard.
Always end up getting stressed and annoyed at things beyond control here like noise from downstairs always worse at weekends, the people in the shop, will just go and dread it before even got in there.
If have money just been paid ( partner) then will go out to big place like virgin and get dvds etc cds nice things but am useless in crowds and hate it end up always going back to car, have a very low tolerance level when it comes to these things.
Dont mean to rant but social anxiety is bad and been from an island 60 000 strong 24 miles square can imagne how hard it is to escape people or literally not be bombarded by them everywhere.
Realilse cant hide from people but sometimes its nice to go out to cliff paths etc beach alone time but here cant do that it involves a long drive over hour half to get to coast so feel trapped somewhat the kids are always in the basketball courts now and the place used to go running is rough glass on ground disgusting stuff and last time went down there ended up having rocks thrown at me just for riding bike.
Just feel so so so much easier at night socially its the day thats the problem facing the day getting up early doing the 9 to 5 thing should be what am doing but just dont know if got it in self to do it am a creature of the night.
Anxiety is bad and so is panic although have counteracting meds have all the methods breathing techniques visualization security measures distraction etc but this waryness and suspicion of people is so overwelming and intense dont no where it comes from.

LIVE FREE OR DIE

:shades:

Lilith1980
08-02-08, 20:44
Hi :)

Have you tried social interaction in smaller doses?

I used to have bad social anxiety and even now I can still get slightly panicky if I am in a crowded place (shopping centre for example) and I suddenly feel trapped - I have to get out as soon as possible.

Instead of going to a busy shop like Virgin, how about your local newsagent where its smaller and less likely to be as busy?

Or if shops are still too much, how about just trying to go to the high street and stand or sit down on a bench or something, and let things go on around you, just like people watching? This will give you the exposure but you will be outside and can walk away at any time.

Can your partner go with you? It might give you more confidence to have someone with you.

You shouldnt try and do too much at once hun as this could make you feel worse and then you end up beating yourself up over it, feeling like a failure etc.

I agree that its nice to be away from people. There are times when I go out in the evening and I just dont want to be around people. I think I prefer to keep myself to myself - I find other people an annoyance sometimes but maybe that is just because I find it hard to put up with them when I feel anxious lol.

Jo xxxxx

breakingoutthistime
15-02-08, 15:30
Its a control thing aswell always feel like have to be in control and do what everyone else does and be perfect like being under scrutiny dont no where it comes from its always so intense.
Like just an hour ago walk in the woods/common dirtpaths if someone is close by or walking a dog ill be like Oh god there looking at me there judging me dont look up just look down.
This same pattern is bad for like just one to two people near by so can imagine how hard an street is shopping mall etc
Paranoia is so intense maybe its from smoking cannabis think 7 /8 years ago and excessive drinking but its certainly not improving much.
Its very hard making it socially to as am shy some days very shy and is partly where it comes from

breakingoutthistime
15-02-08, 15:32
Dont drink now that much or smoke weed etc only backy goldenn virgina.