PDA

View Full Version : agraphobia and dissociation disorder

annemarie
08-02-08, 17:08
i have the two and i dont know which one came first, some days i cant walk down the street, supermarkets are a nightmare and to top it all, the dissociation makes me feel that i am not in my body, apparently no easy cure, wish i could get some help

zube
18-03-08, 12:45
i suffer with panic disorder and agorophoia that has dissociation symptoms. its really hard to relate to panic people that have physical symptoms as its so wierd to explain to people, i think. I have been continuing a cbt programme over the last year and i have seen such an improvement i can finally leave the town i live in something i havnt done in years. I just did it in small exposure steps and it's important to realise what ever wierd sensations and thoughts you are telling yourself they are not going to get worse you have felt the worse of them you just have to tell yourself this is your body's way of dealing with stress. Face the fear you already know what your mind does it will not do anymore, try to accept and embrace it. Sounds simple to say not so simple to do i know. I started with small exposures and had a trusted friend i could relate to how i was feeling , it helped to talk about it with out them judging the strangeness of what i was saying. i have been building up these exposures to longer and further away from home im not cured but it is helping me deal with the problem and taken the mystery away of thoughts in my head.

i hope this makes sense to you

jill
18-03-08, 20:34
Hi Annemarie :hugs:

It is dame hard when suffering knowing just which way to turn., there is help out there but its finding the dame thing, it must be soooo hard for you hun:hugs: I found this which maybe of some help/

http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/Booklets/Understanding/Understanding+dissociative+disorders.htm

YOU TAKE CARE, never stop looking for the help you need, it is out there.

LOVE JILLXX

mangotout
07-07-08, 18:31
Hi this is my first post. I am really in need of a chat from people that understand what i am going through. I suffer from dissacotiation just listing the one that is a real problem for me at the moment. I need to speak to people that truley understand what it means to go through it. I am in theropy at the moment for sexual abuse as a child, which obvoisly is making the dissacotiation alot worse. I am really finding it hard to get on with every day life. its extreamly tiring mentaly and very hard on my relationship. Its even efecting the relationship i have with my son, i mean its really hard to truley love somone and take life seriously when you are convinced nothing is real. What im looking for really is to builed confedence in what people are saying that it will get better and i wont spend my whole life like this. I dont have much faith at the moment. I feel so alone with this as its so hard to try and explaine to people what it is like. I felt great relife when i was diagnosed but i feel alone still. Please is there any one out there that has or is going through the same??
Please help
xxxx
p.s. sorry for the rubbish spelling lol