PDA

View Full Version : Completely off Cipralex!!

seh1980
09-03-05, 23:13
hello everyone,

Well, I am finally completely off Cipralex and it hasn't been TOO bad so far..I admit that I have suffered some withdrawl sysmptoms such as dizziness, tiredness, lack of concentration, etc. The worst one is numbness in my face, especially my lips, and a very weird sense of dizziness especially when walking..I do sometimes feel panicky but I think that I have been bringing that on myself by thinking about - you all know what that's like I'm sure.
I have been trying my best to get out as much as possible. Have been travelling to Newcastle to do research a couple times a week and even went to the theatre today with a friend and had a great time!!
I just hope that the anxiety doesn't come back!! Am thinking of trying a herbal remedy once the Cipralex is completely out of my blood stream. Any suggestions??

Sarah :D

razocaine_07
10-03-05, 00:32
Hi sarah, well done coming off ur meds, it is the hardest part out of the way. Im proud of yer. I cant really think of any herbal remedies to mind, apart from the fact that im really against st john's wort. But have a good luck around

andrew
10-03-05, 01:12
hi sarah, well done for getting yourself of the meds, tc ... andrew

FAN
10-03-05, 09:41
brilliant news that your off the meds.....keep it up

fan x

sal
10-03-05, 09:42
Hi Sarah

Well done mate.

You have done really well and sound to be getting out and about plenty.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
10-03-05, 09:47
Hi Sarah

Well done you!
The only herbal remedy I can think of is St John's wort which I have beeb taking for 8 months and it has certainly helped me, takes a while to kick in though.
Don't know why Razocaine is against it, I have found it to be great, have used it 2 or 3 times over the years..

Take care

Elaine x

mojo5
10-03-05, 11:03
Hi Sarah

You are doing great - well done.

I swear by 'bachs rescue remedy' and tend to use it when I'm feeling tense or anxious.
The first time I used it, it took a day or two to kick in but since then - just a few drops on the tongue are enough to sort most anxious situations.

Good luck for your continued recovery.

Best Wishes
Mo.

Meg
10-03-05, 18:12
Well done Sarah ! great progress.

Love

Meg

Karen
10-03-05, 18:15
Well done Sarah. You have done so well to come off the medication.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
10-03-05, 19:02
Thanks a lot for your support guys!! :D

nomorepanic
10-03-05, 20:16
Well done Sarah I am so pleased for you.

Hope it continues to get better from now on in.

Nicola

henri
10-03-05, 20:21
hey sarah,
that is such great news, well done, you must be so proud of yourself!
apart from rescue remedy, i find that aconite helps - it's a homeopathic treatment for shock or anxiety and i don't know if it actually works or it's just in my head, but it does the trick!
speak to you soon,
henri x

razocaine_07
10-03-05, 23:50
lainey - the only reason i dont agree with it, is because i found it extremely addictive, it was just an opinion i had