PDA

View Full Version : Judging People

louwilliams
08-02-08, 22:02
well What A Couple Of Days I've Had!

first Of All, As Some Of You Know, I Did My Training For My New Job On Wednesday (after Being Off Work For Over 7 Months) Plus Me And My Partner Are Buying A House Together So All In All I've Had A Stressful Week.

last Night Mark (my Partner) Had A Phone Call From His Uncle Who He Hasnt Seen For 20 Years. Marks Dad Died When He Was 7 And Kind Of Lost Touch With His Fathers Side Of The Family From Then On. Anyway, His Uncle Ray Rang Him And Said That He Had Just Found Out That The Cancer His Wife Has (she Was Diagnosed With Breast Cancer Last Year) Has Now Spread To Her Brain And She Has Been Given 24-48 Hours To Live. His Uncle And His Wife Have Spent Every Single Day Together For The Last God Knows How Many Years (theyve Been Married For Well Over 30 Years) And He Was Scared To Be On His Own As She Is In A Hospice. So Mark Brought Him To Our House To Spend The Night. Now I Dont Feel Comfortable When People Are In My House Unless I Know Them Extremely Well As In Close Family And Friends, So I Hid Upstairs For Most Of The Evening.

this Morning Mark Took Him Home And Has Brought Him Back Here This Evening. To Be Blunt This Man Has No Concept Of Personal Hygeine, He Has 3 Dogs He Never Lets Out Of His House And Has An Avery In His Bedroom With Over 20 Birds In As Well As 4 Parrots Loose Downstairs So You An Imaging What His House Is Like. Add To That He Is Not The Most Talkative Of People, So Obviously I Am Feeling A Little Uncomfortable.

but A Few Hours Ago I Managed To Get Him To Open Up A Little And I Found Out That He Has Been On Anti Depressants For Over 20years, He Has Panic Attacks And Has Been Diagnosed With Gad And Has Even Seen The Same Cpn As I Have. I Feel So Bad For Thinking The Things I said About Him Before I Got The Chance To Know Him-he Was Really Talkative And Told Me About What Meds He's Been On (including Prozac And Seroxat) And The Battle He Has Had With His Depression. He Apologised To Me About Being In My House And Explained That He Feels Too Frightened To Stay In His House Alone At Night Because Of The Gad And Panic Attacks.

anyway, What I Am Trying To Say Is That I Was Wrong-the Perception Of People Who Are A Bit Smelly, Who Have Dirty Houses And Generally Look Unsavoury Are Still Human Beings Who Dont Deserve To Be Judged Like I Did With Ray-not Only Have I Got loads In Common With This Lovely Gentle Man, He Is A Polite, Caring And Very Loving Person.

maybe This Will Make Someone Think Before Judgeing Someone Before They Know Them?

lou Xxx

margaret911
08-02-08, 22:58
Aww Lou
My heart really goes ou to this man, I am so glad you have managed to talk to him and find out how he is feeling, he is very lucky to have you and Mark.
love Mags xxxx

jodie
08-02-08, 23:38
aww lou :hugs:

i bet he was just pleased to talk to you and get it all out about how he feels and what he has gone through .
but it i can see how it is for you :hugs:

jodie xxx

chalky
09-02-08, 00:44
Hi Lou,

My heart goes out to you,Mark and Ray.
My thoughts and prayers are with Mark's Aunt.
Your support of Ray at this time will be a blessing to him.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Bill
09-02-08, 01:42
Hello Lou,

I'd like to send my heartfelt wishes too.:hugs:

I can understand what you're saying and I try to ask myself "why" someone behaves like they are before I judge. It's so easy to react on what we see or hear because of our own anxieties and feelings.

I'm sure he much appreciated being able to talk to someone like you.:hugs:

Angel64
09-02-08, 08:57
Hi Lou, I totally agree that judging some-one on first impressions is so wrong.

My sympathies go out to Ray it must be so hard to be in his position at the moment. It must be such a comfort to him to talk to some-one who understands anxiety.

Lou I think you are taking a lot on at the moment with the new job, new house and this unexpected event.

Please take care and remember to look after yourself, and that we are all here for you if you need support or just an hour to laugh and relax.

Lots of hugs are sent to all of you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Christine. xx :flowers:

Pink Princess
09-02-08, 09:04
awww lou, thats really really good to read and it does go to show about images not being as they seem. glad he opened up to you, take kare lou xxxxxxx

Lilith1980
09-02-08, 09:27
Hey Lou

Try not to be so hard on yourself hun, its very easy to judge people on outside appearances - I think in a way its human nature. But at least you have talked to him and you have a better idea of the person he is.

Take care of yourself hun :)

Jo xxxxx

PUGLETMUM
09-02-08, 09:58
:) hey lou, you are doing so well with what youve got going on at the moment - i strongly believe that anxiety disorders can sometimes have a beneficial effect on a person, and i think judging ppl is one of the hardest things to stop doing, but one of the best things you can learn in life. i think we are all doing it all of the time but it is really troublesome?( we know how it feels when we're on the recieving end of it?) i think anx disorders run along side our journeys as human beings, but i think it can make you more caring, empathetic, genuine, non-judgmental and the world is a better place for ppl like that. you will be one of them:yesyes: and ppl like that make a difference to other ppl:hugs: what could be more important than caring for others in a truly altruistic way? take care, keep up the good work, emma:flowers:

louwilliams
09-02-08, 14:50
Thanks for the support guys!

Mark took him home this morning and when i went into the room to open the windows and spray some air freshner, I went to tidy the duvet and blankets and realised he had wet the bed.........really badly, which has soaked through a double quilt and matress-so I had to strip it all, wash 2 quilts, a double duvet cover and a sheet as well as 3 pillowcases and am now waiting for it to dry so i can get it all back on before he gets here tonight :scared10:

Could this week get any more stressful :wacko: