PDA

View Full Version : is anyone around to give advise?

crazychick
10-02-08, 01:14
hey peeps,

don't know if any of you are around to give me some advice at the moment. my panic attacks are at an awful state. I really don't know what to do. I feel so anxious, my fingers have had pins and needles almost all day, i am totally over-breathing, my chest feels sore and i'm scared. No one is in and everyone i could phone at this time is too far away.
Its saturday night so i don't want to go to hospital or anything but i need to calm down and i'm not having any luck. I've tried nearly every relaxation technique under the sun and i'm still a wreck.
can anyone give me any advise?
please?

Phill2
10-02-08, 01:48
Do you have any Diazepam??
Phill :shades:

crazychick
10-02-08, 01:50
i don't. i've looked and don't have any in the house at all.

Phill2
10-02-08, 02:06
The only other thing I can suggest then is to concentrate on your breathing.
That helps me when things get bad.
Phill :shades:

crazychick
10-02-08, 02:11
i'm trying. I really am and it is really not working.

Bill
10-02-08, 02:12
As Phill says, when we think of something that scares us, we trigger anxiety symptoms due to our shallow breathing. The anxiety symptoms make us feel so ill that we then start worrying we really are ill or something bad will happen to us but once we take control of our breathing by taking LONG DEEP breaths, the anxiety symptoms DO ease and so we stop worrying so much because we don't feel so ill which in turn begins to calm us.

Concentrate on taking LONG DEEP breaths, perhaps using a paper bag and you WILL feel better.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxx

Bill
10-02-08, 02:17
Try Cupping your hands over your nose and mouth, and take LONG DEEP breaths in through your nose and out with your mouth. Focus on your stomach muscles drawing them in and out Slowly with each breath:hugs: xxx

crazychick
10-02-08, 02:19
I just feel am getting worse rather than better
its like i can hardly talk or anything. its def not right.
i shouldnt be this bad

Bill
10-02-08, 02:28
Your "worrying" about thinking it shouldn't be this bad is Making you feel bad. You need to Stop thinking about how you're feeling by thinking about something else.

One suggestion could be to go in the chatroom or talk to a friend online because "talking" will help you to forget how you're feeling which will in turn ease your symptoms.

Remember, the sooner you stop worrying about your symptoms and at the same time control your breathing, the sooner your bad feelings will go.:hugs:

crazychick
10-02-08, 02:31
i'm now not thinking yet i'm getting worse, its harf to type cos oog thre pins and nededles in my hands

Bill
10-02-08, 02:34
That's because you're still shallow breathing.:hugs:

crazychick
10-02-08, 02:39
its not going away tho

Bill
10-02-08, 02:53
It will if you stop worrying about how you're feeling and concentrate on your breathing. Nothing's happened to you since you first posted your message which should prove to you that you've actually nothing to fear. :hugs: