PDA

View Full Version : panick attack question!

cassi23
10-02-08, 18:14
Heya,

i can honestly say iv felt fine for ages, slight panick here and there but mostly ok.

However, the last couple of days have been strange.
My question is this.......

Do any of you feel like panick is just around the corner even when you have no symptoms, no physical symptoms, or are not even conciously anxious (excuse spelling)

I really cant think of reasons that even my subconcious would be anxious and im not really having physical symptoms yet i feel like im going to panick very soon?!? RANDOM!

Cassi

miseire
10-02-08, 19:18
well done cassi its called anticipation when u feel god u worry about next one expel it fromur mind my dear and good luck girlxxx

cassi23
10-02-08, 19:36
Thankyou,

forgot to also ask...is it possible to have a panick attack without the fast heart rate?

I feel panicky now like my heart rate is really fast but when i take my pulse its normal.

cassixxxxxxx

jill
11-02-08, 15:40
Hi cassi

Its great to hear you have been feeling fine for awhile, WOW hun, you should be proud of yourself, please see this as progress and facus your thoughts on how well you have been feeling, than to dwell to much on the negative feeling.

Hun, the feeling you are getting, panic, just around the courner are a lower level of anxity. For me, I would say this is a 2 on my scale of anxiety, hayyy, great, low level of anxiety, WELL thats what I would say, use self talk and be proud of myself, for keeping it that low.

You will find that when you panic, you will focus on what is scaring you the most, your heart may be beating faster, but you don't notice this because your mind is scared of something else, do you know what I mean? That is why we say, distration works. Your mind is distrated by your other fear, fears, thats why you don't notice your heart beating faster.

I remember talking to someone about my panic, they asked me if I felt when panicing if I could not breath, mmmm I thought, to be honest, NO, not all the time. It seemed the more I picked away at panic, the more I notice that each and every time I paniced I picked on the worse fear in my head at that time. I could have been in one panic, my breathing, feeling unable to breath, or another time, thoughts of going mad, not even noticing my breathing, or fears of making a fool of myself and many other things, of course, all of the time, in panic, totaly in FEAR.

I was told to label by panic, anxiety, 10 being full blown panic, 0 being normal and everything in between, levels of anxiety. A panic will only peak for a few seconds, then drops to certain levels of anxiety. I wrote this down to show myself my panic peak and my different levels of anxiety. just say for instance I had a fast heart rate, nothing else going on but that, this to me was a lower level of anxiety, a 2, just a 2, nothing to concern myself about.

Or, boarding a plane, I felt very scared, fear, fear, I froze, could not move, this for me is a higher level of anxiety, a 8, this does NOT mean I will panic, because I have high levels of anxiety, this is the time to use the tools this site has given me, eg, distraction. Must addmit at this time, the only thing I could think of was to sing in my head, hay but it worked.

You may feel you are going to panic soon, BUT HUN, levels of anxiety DOES NOT always lead to panic, you can have levels of anxiety, with nooo panic at all.

If you change the way you talk to yourself about panic, anxiety, it helps us move on a little.

**I feel panicky now like my heart rate is really fast but when i take my pulse its normal.**

I have a low level of anxiety right now, mmmm, yes my heart rate is fast, but it will pass, I will be fine.

Hun, don't take your pulse when this happens, when you do this, this puts inportance on whats happining, this is a time for alot of self asureance, again, using posivtive self talk, distration.

Have you ever noticed how Mr Panic, Mrs anxiety has NEVER got anything good to say. Feed your thoughts with good things, positive thoughts, happy time's, these feeling will pass. Always remember that panic, anxieyt, NEED our negative scary thoughts to survive.

Hope this has helped a little.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Bill
12-02-08, 04:54
I feel panicky now like my heart rate is really fast but when i take my pulse its normal

One little thing to add.

Your panicky thoughts make your body produce adrenalin in anticipation of needing to "fight or take flight" and it's the adrenalin that causes us to have palpitations, sweaty palms and racing heart beat feelings, when the pulse will feel normal.

The symptoms that a rush of adrenalin causes makes us then panic even more because we start to "worry" there's something actually wrong with us.

Remember.......it's our "worrying thoughts" that produces "adrenalin" which causes the symptoms which in turn make us "worry" even more that there's actually something wrong which then causes our panic attacks.

When you experience symptoms, just remember it's our "friend" adrenlin causing them.:winks:

dianes
12-02-08, 16:58
Hi Cassi:D

I know it is easy to say DON'T WORRY, but honestly don't worry about your feelings that you are going to panic and it is just around the corner.

I am 55yrs old, have two grown up kids and grandkids and like you I get the same feelings it is quiet common even when you have been doing so well. It will pass. I agree, try not to take your pulse when you get these feelings as it will only cause you to get anxious.

I try to focus on doing something that I enjoy e.g concentrating on some music I enjoy, or reading a good book. I have been told the brain cannot concentrate on two things at once and have found this to be true. With practise you will find you quickly relax and enjoy what you are doing.

Well done for doing so well :yesyes:

All the best

Diane

'Your imagination is always much worse than the reality'