PDA

View Full Version : A big hello from BFG

BFG
10-02-08, 21:22
Hey all,

Those of you who have been in the chatroom over the last two evenings will probably alerady know me, and I thought I should formally introduce myself to the whole forum.

I am BFG, otherwise known as Danny. I have been suffereing from differing levels of anxiety since childhood and around 5 years ago I started to get real panic attacks followed by depression as a result of a spate of bad luck, work issues, family deaths, relationhsip problems and a back injury.
The panic attacks came on and were alien to me. After two (embarassing) trips to A&E, I did some research on what I was experiencing and with the help of a great GP and a fatastic counsellor, I have beaten the panic attacks and havent had one for a while.
Due to some more bad luck (I knew I should have taken that womans lucky heather!:doh:) the depression is comes back now and again but I am hoping a short burst of Citralopram will help while I get myself back to myself (if that makes sense).

I find that talking to other people helps me with my issues and the reinforcement that I am not the only one, is invaluable. I just wish I had found this site years ago.

Those of you who have spoken to me int he chat room will know that I am very shy :whistles: but please feel free to say hi anytime.

Danny/BFG

jodie
10-02-08, 21:24
hiya bfg

welcome to no more panic:grouphug:

jodie xx

erialc
10-02-08, 21:43
Hi BFG

Yes I have been in chat and u seem a friendly person :yesyes:

Hope this site helps you

Claire xx

Wolfie
10-02-08, 21:51
Heyy BFG!!!!

Welcome to NMP!! :) :) :)

Hope you find us useful ^_^

groovygranny
10-02-08, 22:22
Hello BFG:welcome: to you!

I too used to be very, very shy - then I discovered and joined NMP lol !!

This site has helped me tremendously, and I'm sure it will you too, as you've already discovered how we all help and support one another here!

PLeased to meet you!

:)

chalky
10-02-08, 23:28
Hi Danny,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of advice and support here.
I look froward to meeting you in the Chat room.
Best wishes,
Chalky

margaret911
10-02-08, 23:44
Hi Danny
:welcome: :welcome: to nmp. Its great to be around people who understand isn't it. Depression is horrid isn't it, I get attacks of it. Nice talking to you in chat. Take care.
love Mags xx

Hope 2
10-02-08, 23:58
Hello Danny

Just sayin hi :D
I felt the same when I joined it's good to know there r others who have similar probs.
Citalopram works for me too ! Well done with chat , im shy too when it comes to such things, but have found it to be more effective than any anti d's lol .

Nice one, am glad for u
Hope x x

Oceanblue
11-02-08, 00:09
:welcome: Hiya Danny :welcome: Nice meeting you in chat :)

You'll find good support here !!!

Take it easy and chat again soon x

JulieAs45
11-02-08, 02:18
:welcome: Danny

Yes met you in chatroom, you nick colours don't you! :curse: Still hope we can move on from that and be friends lol :yesyes:

Oh and I do the jokes around here so stop being funny ok! :mad:

Take care and welcome again!

Julie
:flowers:

Lilith1980
11-02-08, 08:50
Hi Danny

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

ladygrom
11-02-08, 09:05
hi danny welcome to nmp hope to speak to you in chat soon tc xx

nikita
11-02-08, 09:53
Hi Danny. Im new myself, nice to meet you and look forward to getting to know you. :)

Lindalou64
11-02-08, 12:41
HELLO DANNY AND WELCOME I MET YOU BRIEFLY IN CHAT HOPE YOUR DOING WELL...........LINDA

kellie
11-02-08, 12:48
hiya danny :welcome: to nmp. ive already spoken to you in chat and you seem like a realy great guy. its great to have you here and im sure you will find it as helpful and friendly as i have. take care .

kellie.

nomorepanic
12-02-08, 22:02
Hi Danny

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

I am the one that asked you in chat how you managed to get on - haha!

trac67
13-02-08, 17:05
Hi Danny,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx