PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Good Evening & Welcome. . .

Susarella
10-02-08, 23:45
My name is Susie & i'm 28.

I am new to the site - i've been suffering with panic attacks for about 6 months & I honestly have to say that they are the scariest thing I have ever experienced.

I am on medication (20 mg citalopram) and i feel alot more calm but I still have bad days - like today! I am waiting to have CBT & also need to address my residual depession (in my family we call it The Glums)

When I first started having them, I thought I was losing it & was going to end updoing something stupid & be sectioned.

i feel positive now & less scared but I now just take one dayat a time.

I have a wonderful boyfriend who has been very patient & understanding but it is so good to find somewhere where people know exactly how I feel.

I look forward to chatting to you all soon.

Susie
xxxxxx

chalky
11-02-08, 00:04
Hi Susie,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Take your time,have a good look around and try meeting other members in the Chat room.
Best wishes,
Chalky

groovygranny
11-02-08, 11:09
Hello Susie,:welcome: to you!

Taking each day at a time is very wise - and you're not alone here, there's loads of help and advice from people who suffer similarly.

It's great when you have the support of loved ones - but there's nothing like talking to people who understand by experience is there?

Anyway, take a look at the info on the left there if you haven't already - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Lilith1980
11-02-08, 11:22
Hi Susie, welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Lindalou64
11-02-08, 12:36
HELLO SUSIE AND WELCOME .......I WISH YOU WELL.........LINDA

kellie
11-02-08, 12:44
hiya susie :welcome: to nmp. its great to have you here. hope you find it as helpful and friendly as i have. hope to talk to you in the chat room.
take care .

kellie

Hope 2
11-02-08, 20:18
Hiya Susie

Just wanted to say hi and glad you are improving :yesyes:
maybe cu around x

take care
Hope x x

Wolfie
11-02-08, 23:55
Hi Susie!!

Welcome to NMP!!! :) :) :)

You will find tons of advice and support here!

Hope to speak to you soon.

Wolfie xx

SuziQ
12-02-08, 11:26
Hi Susie.
I'm new to NMP myself. I have been on citalopram for 2 1/2 months now, 30 mg. It's really helping me, but I'm still quite frightened when I leave the house and I shake constantly, but I wouldn't be without my meds. Waiting for counselling and I'm hopeful this will address why I'm so nervous.

Good luck and see you around:yesyes:

nomorepanic
12-02-08, 22:00
Hi Susie

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

trac67
13-02-08, 17:08
Hi Susie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

nikita
13-02-08, 17:21
Hi Suzy, this site seems to be great and has helped me a lot, im sure it will do the same for you, im new also, look forward to getting to know you through here