where did you get in?

Joy

snuggles
11-02-08, 16:47
It is to help not have anxiety.

snuggles
11-02-08, 16:49
where did you get in?

If you are asking where I got it. I got it from my doctor.

yorkylover
11-02-08, 16:50
Snuggles you will be fine,if it helps with the anxiety.Its always scarey taking news meds.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

joy
11-02-08, 18:06
you#ll be fine hopefully just more relaxed

Joy

snuggles
11-02-08, 18:10
someone told me it is hard to get off this med. Harder then street drugs. Is that true?

joy
11-02-08, 18:48
well if you took it everyday and a lot of it you may have probs but I'm sure your doc will be keeping an eye on that

Joy

Dying_Swan
13-02-08, 23:10
Ohhhh Lorazepam.

I have a love/hate relationship with the stuff.

Personally, I think it's great for anxiety. But, yes it can be very hard to come off.

Just be careful with it - take a low dose and don't take it every day. Depending on your doctor's advice, it may be best to be kept only for 'emergencies'. The trouble with this route is that you can become psychologically dependent.

Anyway, I have always found it excellent, and for now, I wouldn't get too bogged down with the addictiveness side of things. It's just something to be aware of.

Good luck

xxx :flowers:

Tom_M
13-02-08, 23:39
Ativan is a good medication for panic, but don't take all the time or you could get addicted to it - I'm speaking through experience with this med. Try get in the habit of thinking it is there if you really need it, which could be all you need fend off a panic attacks.

snuggles
14-02-08, 12:27
Yes I only took it the one time just to prove to myself I could. (I have a very bad phobia of taking meds) I don't think once in a while taking it I will become addicted. Oh and one more thing. I have been carrying them in my purse for over 7 years now. I only took them 7 years ago when I flew to England. I just keep fresh ones every year in my purse. Never used them though till last Monday I took half of one.