PDA

View Full Version : Want to learn how to cope

Ellevie
11-02-08, 21:16
Hello

I am glad to have found this site and hope that it can help me.

I have always suffered very badly with anxiety (from around 12 was when drs first tried to put me on medication). I have had bouts when my panic attacks, anxiety and depression have been worse and I have to say that this is possibly the worse time ever. I am having really bad anxious thoughts about my marriage and our relationship is now at breaking point. I am back on anti depressants but have now got to get a hold of this to save my marriage and my own sanity. I struggle to be on my own with my child when my hubby is away and have to now ask friends to stay or stay with my parents to support and look after me as I otherwise collapse with all of these powerful thoughts and feelings which send my panic into overdrive and actually make me do some crazy things.....

Anyone with any advice out there would be massively appreciated.

Thanks Elle

Lilith1980
11-02-08, 21:44
Hi Ellevie, welcome to NMP hun :)

Sorry to hear things arent good for you right now but you will get lots of good advice and support from the people on here.

Have you looked into therapy hun to talk about these things?

Jo xxxxx

buzzing bees
11-02-08, 22:05
hi ime new here but by what ive red on here you will av, lots of help from people on here take care by 4 now friend

Ellevie
11-02-08, 22:10
Hello - Yeah I am seeing a therapist on my own (have been for few months) I also asked my hubby to go to Relate with me to have some "safe" chats where it doesnt end up in a massive arguement.We only had our first session this week and we both got miles more from it than expected, but it will take time I guess.

I am now off work and see my GP this week for a "catch up" because panic etc has been so bad I couldnt stay at work.

I hope I can get through this,but my thoughts are taking total control and its just like a big black hole that I cant climb out of. I know that this sounds so grim but I am trying dead hard to move forward but I just cant.

I think if other things that have happened have trigger this:

My niece was born asleep (stillborn) last year
I lost a baby myself at Christmas
I came off my previous medication (Seroxat)
My husband's work colleague is having an affair - only found this out after repeated challenging of my hubby, say he didnt tell me to protect me as he knew I would flip and think that he too was doing something wrong

I know that these things are nothing compared to the things that alot of people go through, but now all I focus on is my husband who is just getting sick of me being clingy and accusing him of cheating all of the time. But at least Relate is something that can help with this. But time goes by so slowly when you feel like this.

Do you think that by say thinking tomorrow I will go for a walk and doing that, that things eventually become a little better????

Sorry for rambling but it is so nice to say what is in my head.

sagey
11-02-08, 22:28
Hi Ellevie, believe me things will get better for you. One day soon you'll look back and sigh with relief that you're on the way to better times.
You've clearly had traumas to cope with recently and I guess you could do with some total "me" time, think just about yourself, try some relaxation techniques/C.D.'s. Try going for a walk in the sun, some gentle exercise may make a considerable difference to your outlook on any problems.
Don't expect overnight cures to your troubles. it may be that recovery is more a way of life. sounds as though your G.P. is helpful even if the meds didn't suit, ask for something else, so stick with it and take care of yourself.

groovygranny
12-02-08, 01:00
Hello Ellevie:welcome: to you!

Oh, you are having tough times aren't you? :hugs:

Relate is a very wise move - talking to somone who is completely impartial is very valuable.

What you are going through is no less important or significant than what anybody else is going through. I'm glad you found us as we all support one another here and you'll find plenty of help and advice too.

Just expressing how you feel gives some relief - and it's great you've already done that!

You haven't rambled on at all - Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

manmoor
12-02-08, 09:43
Hi Elle,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
12-02-08, 11:15
Hello Elle And Welcome .i Wish Ya Well.........linda

kellie
12-02-08, 11:52
hiya elle hun. welcome to nmp its lovely to have you here. im sure you will find this site as great as we all do. you will get tons of help and support from all the members. And remember things will get better for you it can just take a little. i look forward to talking to you in the chat room.

take care hun.
keliie.

chalky
12-02-08, 15:49
Hi Elle,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get lots of support and advice here.
You do have a lot to deal with.The fact that you are actually tackling so much head-on:-Relate,therapy,Meds.. is a great credit to you.With your attitude,success will come.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Ellevie
12-02-08, 21:31
:) Hi

Just to say I have been reading lots of posts and finding some really good ideas to help me I think that the distraction thing would work if only I could master it, I guess it will take time. However I did look at the alternative therapies info and bit the bullet and have booked a kind of holistic retreat for 2 days...........I know that I will panic nearer the time, leaving my hubby, my child,my comfort zone, but I am going to go... it teaches all about meditation and relaxation. I cant believe I have booked it I hope I dont back out in the end!!!

Elle xxx

nomorepanic
12-02-08, 21:50
Hi Elle

Just wanted to :welcome: you to NMP and hope we can be of some help.

Lovely to see you here.

trac67
13-02-08, 17:12
Hi Elle,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

nikita
13-02-08, 17:17
Hi Elle, you've been through a lot lately, no wonder you are feeling bad right now, you are doing all the right things and there is no quick fix unfortunately, it does pass though, even though you think it never will, it always does, and you know that yourself. Just be kind to yourself and go easy on yourself, dont TRY too hard to shake off how you are feeling now even though its crap because trying too hard is exhausting in itself. GO with it, one step at a time, one day at a time and good luck sweetie

margaret911
13-02-08, 23:11
Hi Elle

:welcome: to nmp, hope this site helps you as much as it has helped me. I have found talking to people who have gone through similar experiences really helpful as it has made me feel less alone. Take care.

love Mags xxx