PDA

View Full Version : Platelet count

Alisonj
11-02-08, 21:25
Well I had bloodwork done because I was worried about my liver function etc. It all came back great except for my platelet level which was slightly elevated. I asked my doc and he said not to worry!! YA RIGHT!
So then I googled, silly silly me!
Has anyone ever had elevated platelets? Mine was 429 and the range is 150-400.

amandaj
12-02-08, 12:00
i have elevated platelets mine is cos ive got vb12 deficency did they not mention that? its treatable infact im off for my injection tommorow i have them ever 3 months

Alisonj
12-02-08, 14:41
Do you know what your count is or how elevated it is?

amandaj
12-02-08, 16:07
no idea it was up last time i had blood test also ,theyve never told me how high just that its elevated

Alisonj
13-02-08, 21:03
I dont suppose anyone else have any info??? I have been taking aspirin in hopes of thinning things out. Not sure if its necessary or not?

cassi23
13-02-08, 22:15
Hiya hun,

my platelet count was slightly elevated in november at 450, my doctor said if it goes above 500 they might be slightly worried, could just be a sign of deficiencies, mine was a case of having a baby and body repairing damage etc.

This count of 429 is really not significant, you're fine, go back in 6 weeks (this is what i had to do) for another blood test,it should prob be normal by then!

Seriously tho, don't worry xxxxxxx

fifi
13-02-08, 22:53
Hi Alison,

A low blood platelet count is usually associated with liver problems.

Your platelet count can vary due to lots of factors, pregnancy, even having a virus.