PDA

View Full Version : does anyone get this????

lawzy
12-02-08, 00:13
hey guys,
iv been getting this really weird feeling iv gotten it before but now its happened the past two nights in a row.

its like just as im drifting off to sleep and im almost fully asleep i get this really really weird feeling rush over which makes me need to open my eyes bcoz it scares me. I cant really describe it that well but i gues id have to say it makes me feel like im not really there or im floating?....even that doesnt really describe it, i used to think it was panic but just in my sleep but now im not sure.

If anyone can help it would much appreciated:)

much love
lawzy
xxxxxxxxxxx

Bill
12-02-08, 05:07
Hello Lawzy,

My guess would be that what you're experiencing is a symptom of an over aware troubled mind.

In other words, like a bird in the middle of a lawn, always on alert for danger, never being able to feel "relaxed".

When you begin to drop off, perhaps your mind is saying it wants to stay awake because it can't relax due to worries that are troubling you.:shrug:

doglover
12-02-08, 22:25
Hi
I think I know what you mean. I went through a period of this happening all the time but now its very occasionally. I would describe mine as just in that moment before i was about to fall asleep i would suddenly feel a rush? in my head and would gasp a breath and have to sit up. It almost felt like my body was shutting down. Like you i find it very hard to describe. This started long before i realised i was suffering with anxiety and had no idea what it was at the time and it was scarey. Now, if it happens, i put it down to panic/anxiety and just go back to sleep.
I remember a couple of times i couldn't swallow either for a second which freaked me out.
I have also had sleep paralysis a few times in the past and think its probably all related to anxiety.
Take care
Donna x

Yvonne
13-02-08, 20:09
I used to get a very similar thing - strangely it was when I was on the medication Duloxetine. I used to be dropping off then get this kind of fear feeling in the stomach and it would scare me ---- and waken me right up from that lovely feeling you do get just before you get off to sleep. I think Bill explained it well. I don't get it any more thank god.

nikita
13-02-08, 20:19
i get this a lot and usually when ive had panic attacks during the day and my body is on full alert or if im over-tired. i also experienced the not being able to swallow thing - however because ive had it so often i now get comfort from knowing that it is not dangerous, and you wont die in your sleep but it is scary