PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to NMP - Hi

SuziQ
12-02-08, 11:39
I'm new to this site. I'm 40 yrs old and trying my hardest to get my life back. Been a bad year and have been on Citalopram for 2 1/2 months - 30 mg. Have terrible anxiety and can't leave the house without shaking prefusely. Am struggling to keep my job, but I feel I will get better with support from friends.

This site is great. Everyone is so friendly and helpful.

If anyone has advise to stop me shaking, would appreciate it.

Thanks - SuziQ

jodie
12-02-08, 11:48
hiya

welcome to no more panic Suzi :grouphug:

jodie
xxxx

Lilith1980
12-02-08, 11:52
Hi Suzi, welcome to NMP hun :)

Have you tried tackling things in smaller chunks. Maybe instead of pushing yourself to cover a few miles, just go outside your front door initially, then up to your front gate, and gradually lengthen your journey?

Have you seen a therapist about this? Would you be able to get to one if a friend could take you?

Jo xxxxx

SuziQ
12-02-08, 12:03
Hi Jo.

I do go out and drive a car. I have 2 children to ferry around. I'm fine driving, it's when I walk around the shops - I'm nervous and panic around other people that I don't know.

I have been waiting for counselling for 10 months now. Had to move away to new area and now waiting in another county for help. My ex partner was domestically abusive and unfortunately he may find us one day - so some of my fear is linked to that.

Thanks for your caring words, I really appreciate just talking about things.

SuziQ:)

buzzing bees
12-02-08, 12:11
:welcome::welcome:hi and big warm welcome to this group of great frendz ime new on here too av a goood day my new friend:yahoo:

manmoor
12-02-08, 12:50
Hi Suzi,

A big warm welcome to you hun. xx

Lindalou64
12-02-08, 14:54
Hello Suzie And Welcome Wish You Well..........linda

chalky
12-02-08, 15:09
Hi Suzy,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

weeble40
12-02-08, 16:06
Hi and welcome to NMP hope to see you around somewhere,

Take Care

Emma xx

Wolfie
12-02-08, 20:36
Hi Suzy!!

Welcome to NMP!!! :) :) :)

You will find tons of advice and support here.

Hope we can speak soon.

Wolfie xx

louwilliams
12-02-08, 20:43
Welcome to NMP SUZY

YOU WILL FIND LOADS OF HELP AND SUPPORT HERE

LOVE LOU XX

nomorepanic
12-02-08, 21:53
Hi Suzyq

Just wanted to :welcome: you to NMP and hope we can be of some help.

Lovely to see you here.

groovygranny
12-02-08, 22:21
Hello Suzy:welcome: to you!

Hang on in there with the Citalopram if you can - it can take a while to work and may make symptoms a little worse before thay get better....but they will get better!

I can understand why you're fearful, but you're not alone here:hugs: - and we all try and help one another with support and advice.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

trac67
13-02-08, 17:03
Hi Suzi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx