PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

elle1987
12-02-08, 15:37
This looks like a really good forum, lots of good advice! and it helps so much to know that this kind of thing happens to lots of people. :)
I am 18 and have GAD, and have occassional (and very unpredictable!) panic attacks. I have moved to a new place to go to college and don't know anybody, so its become extra hard to deal with this stuff, and the attacks have increased tenfold! I've had this for approx. 3 years, never had any sort of therapy, but I'm taking a few different meds for the last few months. I have good and bad days. Sometimes its bearable, sometimes its really really unbearable. I am pretty scared about what will happen when I'm not prescribed any more xanax, because its all thats keeping me from losing my mind!

ellexxx

chalky
12-02-08, 15:40
Hi Elle,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

kellie
12-02-08, 16:39
hiya elle :welcome: to nmp. im sorry you are not good at the moment and copeing with college and diff surroundings. you will get lots of support and advice from all the great members here. hope to talk to you in the chat room soon :hugs: :hugs:. take care hun .

kellie

nomorepanic
12-02-08, 21:59
Hi Elle

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

Lindalou64
13-02-08, 10:43
Hello Elle And Welcome I Wsh Ya Well Linda

Lilith1980
13-02-08, 10:47
Hi Elle, welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

weeble40
13-02-08, 10:51
hi and welcome hope to see you around here somewhere

Take Care

Emma xx

manmoor
13-02-08, 11:02
Hi Elle,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Tony1980
13-02-08, 13:37
Hi elle,

Hope you manage to cope with college and the new surroundings a bit better week by week. It's good your thinking about treating yourself now after just a few years...it's taken me 13 or 14 years to pluck up the courage to do something about it!

Tony

billywhizz
13-02-08, 14:44
Hi Elle

and welcome to nmp, im sure your in the right place, you'll find the answers to all your worries in here.

There are so many nice people in here, u cant go wrong.

Keep smilin :)

trac67
13-02-08, 16:53
Hi Elle,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

groovygranny
13-02-08, 19:59
Hello Elle:welcome: to you!

Glad you decided to join us here - yes, the site is full of good information and advice and, of course, plenty of people to understand and support you.

Moving to a new place is unsettling for most people without the added complication of anxiety and panic attacks, so here's a big hug for you:hugs:

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

nikita
13-02-08, 20:06
Hi Elle, im new too, panic attacks are horrible but dont kill you and do go away and this is a great site for advice and help and to talk to others who are going through the same thing and dont make you feel stupid or that its all in your head. Good luck with move and college, new beginnings are always scary but great as well. ive just moved to new part of country too and like you im trying to find my feet, but its an adventure too, enjoy it

Angie
13-02-08, 21:18
Hi Elle, so young.... as I have learnt take it one step at a time and rely, rely on friends, talk to them, you will be suprised how may have the dame problems. Try to do change one small thing for yourself (blimey it took me almost 40 year to do that) - enjoy each day, find 1 small thing to enjoy. It will get better, 'life is the jornet NOT the destination' you must take pleasure in each day (am I preaching?)

margaret911
13-02-08, 23:59
Hi Elle
A big :welcome: to nmp where you will find lots of people who understand what you are going through. I have had attacks of panic and depression for 3 years now but I do have really good spells, so hang on in there and always believe it will get better. Take care.

love Mags xxxxx

Southern_Belle
15-02-08, 03:34
Hi Elle,

Welcome to the site. You will find many here that feel the same way you do and will get great support.

Hugs,

Laura