PDA

View Full Version : Feeling compelled to spend on my credit card - on

MRC
10-03-05, 20:46
I recently ordered some tiems i required for a hobby of mine mainly 200 blank CDR discs. I didn't infact need 200.

But instead of being happy withthis I have foun myself wanting to order, more and more stuff from this company on my credit card.

So much so I have had to give my card to my Mum and Dad.

When I get these episodes it as if my entire life get's put to one side for the focus of this one aim.

Any suggestions as to how to cope with it.

Eddie

FAN
10-03-05, 20:55
hi not sure i have advice but its probably best you did give the card to your parents as its too easy to sit on line ordering things and the last thing you need is a massive debt to contend with as well as everything else your going through

fan x

nomorepanic
10-03-05, 21:08
Eddie

It can be addictive. Some nights I sit in ebay and buy stuff I don't necessarily need just want.

Cut the card up is my advice!

Nicola

flower
11-03-05, 15:12
i do that as well, im terrible with money, im bit of a complusive shopper[8)]. i would like to know how to stop as well

'the man that flew into space from his apartment'

MRC
12-03-05, 01:16
It's like I can just by one if it is a set of 16 or 132 I won't feel good until I get the entire lot of whatever it is I'm buying.

I am a terrible hoardr and have loads of collections.

Eddie

sal
12-03-05, 01:32
Eddie

Been where you are and dont go any further as it leads to more problems.

Trust me buy what you can pay cash for and leave the rest to what you would like to buy if you could afford it.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

flower
12-03-05, 10:13
im a terrible hoader as well, i cant throw anything away[V]. my room is filled with hunderds of useless things

'the man that flew into space from his apartment'

Tracy68
12-03-05, 21:22
Hi
Giving your card to your mum and dad is the right thing to do, even better cut it up. I've been in debt before and landed up with bailiffs knocking on my door and it was one of the most terrifying moments of my life, can't even begin to describe how that made me feel.
I know when you're feeling low in spirits shopping always makes you feel good, but it doesn't in the long run. My John always tells me its only a bargain if you need it lol and why can i never convince him that i do lol.
Take care
Tracy
x