PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety disorder or nervous breakdown

u0000998
13-02-08, 10:02
Just wondering what the difference is between having a lifelong anxiety disorder or a disorder that reoccurs from time to time and a nervous breadown?? Any thoughts?

Jo

sulmare
13-02-08, 10:30
I think a nervous breakdown is when someone just completely falls apart for the first time in their lives, whereas ongoing anxiety issues are something we learn to live with having already had the nervous breakdown in some cases:shrug:

Tom_M
13-02-08, 12:06
It's more common than people think, people with emotional problems. People who come to forums like this one are just the tip of the iceberg. I've just taken my dog for a walk, and today is the day they collect box's of cans and bottles from peoples homes. It's frightening to see so many box's filled with beer cans and empty vodka bottles, I'm not talking a about a few, it's more like 80% of the people in my area that rely on alcohol to calm themselves, it's not social drinking for sure.

Yvonne
13-02-08, 19:37
This is something I have always wondered. However, I do know full breakdown is when you can't do anything at all --- I think. I think you are right in what you said Tom - spot on I reckon.

Regarding the alcohol, I agree people do use it as a relaxant at the end of hard day but I don't think it's always down to them being "highly" stressed.I wonder if those people have been saving the bottles and cans for recycling. My hubby likes a few glasses of wine at night and the bottles do mount up lol! Gawd I hope the neighbours don't think it's me! Chance would be a fine thing with me med and all!

Take care all.

bet
13-02-08, 20:22
I dont want to come across as being insensitive or sounding silly but what are the main symptoms of a nervous breakdown?.I was never officially diagnosed has having a breakdown but I do feel that I must have had some form of one or even a few minor ones.

bet :hugs: