PDA

View Full Version : My sister

sulmare
13-02-08, 10:28
I am having huge problems being around my sister at the moment, because of my illnesss and I don't want it to come between us, but if I have problems coping around her, should I push myself to be around her???

basically the problem started as we are both quite mediumistic, or are we.. I am not sure what is going on, but whereas my sister laps all that stuff up and 100% believes she can sense dead people, I used to believe it, but even if I could, I don't want to, but I think now it is probably part of an illness and being around her when she is so convinced and I am so not wanting anything to do with it makes it very difficult for me as I imagine that all these spirits are going to follow me home and I don't want that as you can imagine:weep:

I have to take her to a job interview today and I am so stressed already I feel ill, I get so mad when I have to face up to situations I don't want to face, yet how can I let this irrational fear of mine come between us... I will have to take her, but I just want to be a million miles away from her

it is getting so bad I don't want to go out and mix with people anymore, but my poor sister, this is so distressing for me not to want to be with someone I love and would give my life for :weep: :weep:

aliciajane
14-02-08, 00:21
Aww honey, I'm sorry.
That must be so hard for you.
I don't know what advice to give other than don't beat yourself up about it.
If you make yourself feel even worse, for feeling bad in the firstplace it'll just make the situation 10 times worse.
It's not your fault your feeling like this around her.
Your trying your best!
Perhaps talk to her about how your feeling?

Hope 2
14-02-08, 13:42
Hiya Sulmare :hugs:

Just wanted to tell u a little of my own experience with a similar situation cos it really reminded me when I read yr post. Hope it may help u in some way .

I have ocd (contamination/thoughts) which is much better now. When I was at one of my worst points, I couldn't handle my own Dad being anywhere near my newborn baby. This was all cos of tongue-in-cheek remark he made about his job in the hospital. My ocd brain completely went out of control and when he held his grandaughter for the first time , he wore a pair of cotton gloves . This memory will stay with me forever. Try not to let it get out of control, I agree tell your sister how ur feeling she wont be upset im sure cos she would rather know if yr suffering .

This 'episode' with my baby helped me turn a corner and begin to fight the ocd.
Am still fighting but the ocd side of things is much improved .

Let us know how yr gettin on :flowers:
Take Care
Hope x x

domino
14-02-08, 13:57
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to you hun.

weeble40
15-02-08, 11:17
Love n hugs to you both, things will get better im sure

Take Care

Emma xx

Lindalou64
15-02-08, 11:51
Hello Im Sorry To Hear Your Havin A Hard Time Alls I Can Suggest Is Maybe If You Can Have A Heart To Heart Talk With Ya Sister And Let Her Know That You Cant Handle Hearing Things Like That....i Know For Myself Would Make Me Very Uncomfortable.....i Wish Ya Well With Ya Job Interview And With Ya Sister..........best To You............linda

Richie
15-02-08, 12:16
Hi sorry you are having these feelings being around your sister right now,
You sound as if u are very close to each other normally
Is there only a small age gap, u not twins are you?
Yeah i agree with the above Lindalou to have a real heart to heart talk to her explaining exactly how you feel about her interest and that it is perhaps frightening you. She may try to make you feel like your'e being silly for feeling this but in that case just try to say that well we are all different, different emotions and so on. Even sisters are allowed to be different, i know i'm one of three sisters and we are all very different
Never do what you don't feel comfortable with, whatever
Love Richiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sulmare
15-02-08, 17:10
thank you for your replies, I know I am being irrational and it isn't her fault... will try and have a day out with her to face my fears full on... de-sensitise is the probably the best way forward.

there is 8yrs between us, but we are normally quite close and supportive of each other... I am not going to let any imaginings on my part spoil our relationship

kimmy
20-02-08, 19:47
aww mate big hugs mate. I will tell you something I dont often share :( At one particular time when my anxiety was bad I thought 'what if I was a paedophile' (my worst fear ever, i work with children, im a youth worker and I am a mum). But I had to replace my thoughts and tell myself its anxiety!!!! Anxiety is your biggest fears :( Your biggest fear is to be away from your sister, doing what your anxiety tells you is letting it win, take it slowly and challenge them thoughts,