PDA

View Full Version : New member Globus blood pressure / reiki

uppy1
14-02-08, 12:16
Hi,

I My names Steve and I am 43 years of age. I have suffered from Stress anxiety/panic attacks for about 18 years.

Since October I have had problems with digestion (GERD). I have managed to learn to control the panic attacks and reduce my anxiety levels.

I have been to my Doctors and have been blood tested for H-Pylori(test negative). The GERD /ACID problems have ceased although i seem to be constantly suffering from the Globus sensation. Initially I I did lose weight through lack of appetite, although I have now put that weight back on. The doctor does not seem to think it is pathalogical (Cancer) and is probably down to anxiety.

The problem is that when I am worked up and he takes my blood pressure it is high. However when I take my blood pressure at home morning and night it can fluctuate from perfect readings such as 129/78 to say 152/98 I am worried that these spikes in blood pressure may have a permenant detrimental affect to my long term health. I am also (like a lot of us) feared that I may have cancer throat problems etc (I have no problems eating or drinking).

I am booked in for a Reiki session tomorrow (don't no what to expect!).

I know i will have to to go back to the doctors and ask to have the camera (endoscope).

Feeling quite low with it all at the moment. Any advice/comments would be most welcome.

Regards to all

Uppy!!!!:weep:

jotom
14-02-08, 12:30
Hi Steve

I'm also new to this (rejoined yesterday after a couple of years!!)! I'm 38 and like you have suffered panic attacks/anxiety/panic disorder for 16 years.

I have had the 'difficulty in swallowing' symptom before - had all the tests , even the camera down the throat at the hospital - of course there was nothing wrong!

I've recently been worried about my heart so have had ECGs/blood tests which as predicted by the GP all came back normal.

BUT........ it seems that no matter how much reassurance you receive from the medical profession, it still doesnt sink in that there is nothing wrong with you. I feel that I am on a constant roundabout of lookng for any physical symptom in my body and then totally misinterpreting it to something its not! (heart attack/cancer/blood clots etc)

I had a course of CBT a couple of years ago which really helped although I have started to 'slip' back into old habits over the last 6 months so am currently undergoing booster sessions - I'm also reading a lot of 'positive thinking' books which I think is helping. I have been officially diagnosed by various therapists as suffering from health anxiety - and with that I feel comes the label of hypochondriac - I then get cross with myself and beat myself up that I should fall into this category - why would anyone want to do this to themselves??!!!

I know this is probably of little help to you but I wanted you to know that you are certainly not alone. Good luck with the Reiki tomorrow, relax and enjoy it!

Take Care

Jo:)

Lindalou64
14-02-08, 12:41
Hi Steve And Welcome To The Site I Wish Ya Well Linda

Lilith1980
14-02-08, 12:49
Hi Steve

Welcome to NMP :)

You'll find lots of great advice and support on here.

Jo xxxxx

uppy1
14-02-08, 13:33
Many thanks for your prompt response!!

chalky
14-02-08, 13:59
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Is there a specific reason why you are taking your blood pressure morning and night?
If the doctor has suggested this then fine.If not,think about the effect that this constant checking is having-
are you doubting your doctor?
could this be affecting your anxiety levels?
can you accept that your BP is being well-managed?
I have high blood pressure but it is being treated with Meds.I personally do not feel that home-monitoring would be productive or necessary for me.
Best wishes,
Chalky

kellie
14-02-08, 17:01
hiya steve :welcome: to nmp its great to have you here:yesyes: . you will get lots of great advice and support from all the great members. i can relate to the cancer in the throat thing as i think that a lot myself :weep: . i have been feeling alot better since i found this site and all the great ppl on it. hope to talk to you in the chat roon soon.
take care :hugs: :hugs:
kellie.
oh and plz stop takeing your blood pressure at home it wont help you none and will only add to your anx. i think its normal for our blood pressure to be up and down with the disorder that we suffer with. best wishes to you.

weeble40
14-02-08, 17:07
Hi and a very warm welcome to you both hope o see you sometime

take Care
Emma xx

groovygranny
14-02-08, 22:13
Hello Steve:welcome: to you!

Sorry to hear you're down, but that's not unusual as you're undergoing tests and such.

Well done for controlling your pa's and anx levels though - that's always a good sign:hugs:

Good luck tomorrow, and let us know how it goes ok? There's plenty of help and support to be found here.

Pleased to meet you!

:)

Wolfie
15-02-08, 00:50
Hi Steve!!

Welcome to NMP!!! :) :) :)

You will find tons of support and advice here :)

Hope to speak to you soon.

Wolfie xx

Southern_Belle
15-02-08, 04:17
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the site. You will find many here that feel the same way you do and will get great support.

Hugs,

Laura

nomorepanic
15-02-08, 21:17
Hi Steve

:welcome: aboard.

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

Richie
15-02-08, 21:59
hallo globus (Blood pressure)
:welcome: to NOMOREPANIC
ENJOY YOUR STAY
love richie
X X X X X X

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

trac67
16-02-08, 20:19
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx