PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone - how glad to find this site!!

jotom
14-02-08, 14:53
Hi all

I'm Jo, 38, mother of 2 gorgeous boys, ex wife of 1 husband!

Found this site a couple of years ago but didnt use it for some stupid reason. Looked at it again a couple of days ago and realised I'd been missing out!!

A short history of me - started suffering panic attacks 16 years ago out of the blue - although now I realise I had had a couple of very stressful years (bad car accident, dad died suddenly, nan died suddenly). I've had them on and off since then - much better than I was as I had a course of CBT a couple of years ago which helped a lot. Recently felt like I was 'slipping' again, so am currently having a few booster sessions. Now though I have been labelled by the psychologists as having health anxiety as I misinterpret every bodily sensation going ( palpitations= heart attack, short of breath = cancer, pain in the leg = blood clot, headache - brain tumour). Trying to work through all this by thinking differently but I always get this overriding feeling to think the way I do!

Anyway, thanks for reading this and I'm so glad to have found this site again - it is amazing to read other peoples experiences of panic/anxiety and not to feel so alone!

Jo:D

chalky
14-02-08, 15:00
Hi Jo,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.

Best wishes,
Chalky

buzzing bees
14-02-08, 15:28
hi just a fast hi and very warm welcome im new too , take care hope we chat soon by for now

kellie
14-02-08, 15:29
hiya jo :welcome: to nmp its great to have you here :yesyes: . I also have health anx so i can relate to what you are saying. i have been feeling a lot better about things since i found this place and im sure you will to. you will get lots of help from all the great members here.hope to see you in the chat room soon as talking is a great help also.
take care.

kellie.

sandbanks
14-02-08, 15:53
HI JO
:welcome: HOPE THE SITE HELPS U.

SANDY:flowers:

Lilith1980
14-02-08, 17:27
Hi Jo, big welcome to NMP :)

I'm sure you'll get lots of help and advice from the forum hun.

Jo xxxxx

groovygranny
14-02-08, 21:19
Hello Jo:welcome: back to you - glad you decided to return!

You're certainly not alone , and am sure you'll find lots of help, advice and support here.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Wolfie
14-02-08, 23:48
Hi Jo!!

Welcome to NMP!!! :) :) :)

You will find tons of support and advice here.

Nice to meet you hun :)

Wolfie xx

Southern_Belle
15-02-08, 03:26
Hi Jo,

Welcome to the site. I'm so glad you decided to come and take another look around. There are many here who feel just like you do and you will find support.

Hugs,

Laura

weeble40
15-02-08, 11:15
Hi Jo I hope to see you around somewhere pop into chat sometime we can have a yarn, lots of help advice and support is given here, youve come to the right place,

Take Care

Emma xx

Lindalou64
15-02-08, 11:34
Hello Jo And Welcome To The Site.......i Wish Ya Well..........linda

nomorepanic
15-02-08, 20:14
Hi Jo

:welcome: aboard.

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

trac67
16-02-08, 19:28
Hi Jo,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx