PDA

View Full Version : Are these anxiety symptoms

yorkshireguy
14-02-08, 15:38
I am getting a lot of symptoms recently, i have no idea whether they are caused by anxiety or whether they are caused by something else, i have been feeling very ill recently and my tonsils are swollen, these are the symptoms that i am getting:

*Feeling very tired all the time (even after only being up for 3-4 hours the tiredness starts)
*Feeling like something is stuck in my throat
*Feel weak
*A little bit of restlessness
*Feeling a little edgy
*Nausea
*Stomach ache

I was taking 5mg cipralex and the doctor upped this to 10mg and i have been taking the 10mg for 2 weeks now, would this be affecting me in anyway? as obviously i went from 5mg to 10mg.

cattttt
14-02-08, 21:26
This could be anxiety, but it could also be to do with your swollen tonsils, glandular fever is like this. Best go back to your doc and make sure.

nomorepanic
14-02-08, 21:28
Have you read the Symptoms page on the left? All common anxiety symptoms I am afraid.

yorkshireguy
15-02-08, 13:45
Today, especially the last hour or so i am feeling very very dizzy and faint like i am going to collapse and die.

yorkshireguy
15-02-08, 13:57
I also feel like my head is going to fall off, my legs feel like jelly, i feel wobbly all over really but my legs and head feel bad and i feel so dizzy and faint and like i just want to get up and run.

chalky
15-02-08, 14:03
Hi YorkshireGuy,

You sound as though you are trapped in a cycle of anxious thoughts.
First,you MUST accept that this is the case.
Second,you have to break this cycle-
do something different,e.g. some relaxation exercises.
The invidious nature of anxiety allows it to feed on itself constantly within us.
What do we know-
You have had good health checks and are o.k.
You believe that you have anxiety/panic issues.
You are not at risk.
This will pass if you take the focus away from it.
Best wishes,
Chalky

yorkshireguy
15-02-08, 15:54
I've just got back from the doctors, they checked my temperature, blood pressure, pulse, looked in my mouth and ears etc.

I feel so faint, i've never felt like this before, the doctor has said because of my throat symptoms and because my tonsils are enlarged etc that i am suffering from a virus, i still worry though that i am going to collapse etc but i'm glad i was checked over.

yorkshireguy
16-02-08, 15:46
Something that i am finding odd recently is that i am feeling totally knackered and dizzy within a few hours of getting up, last night i had 8 hours sleep but within 3 hours of getting up i start feeling terrible and exhausted, the same thing happened yesterday as well, how can i get rid of this?

joy
16-02-08, 16:03
i think the docs right and you have had or stil have a virus. you need to rest when you can and take it easy and let your body heal
theres been some nasty bugs around

joy