PDA

View Full Version : Feel Anxious After Accident?

samtheman
14-02-08, 19:00
I had a bit of an accident yesterday and broke a bone in my foot. I had to go to hospital and when I got there my anxiety kicked in and its been with me ever since. It was a nightmare in the hospital, the waiting around and the stupid thoughts, Thoughts like freaking out and going mad and everyone looking at me. I wanted to run out of there but I couldn't walk let alone run.

But ever since getting out I feel very lethargic, depressed and most of all anxious, I usually cure this by positive self talk but its not working now, I can't get the racing thoughts out of my head,

Any advice much appreciated

Lilith1980
14-02-08, 19:09
Are you in a lot of pain Sam or have they given you pain killers?

I think its perfectly normal to feel down after having an accident like that because you are left with not being able to do things you would normally do and this puts a downer on things. Its not nice to feel restricted and stuck in doors.

Have you got any friends who could come round and see you? Are you on crutches? Is there no way someone could take you out in their car?

Jo xxxxx

Janieb
15-02-08, 08:27
gosh it could be shock as well, after a huge event I think it's normal to feel lethargic and depressed.

I hope you manage to feel better soon!!
Take care
Janie

buzzing bees
15-02-08, 08:42
hi my friend hope yur feeling tons better very soon take care , by for now, chat soon

samtheman
15-02-08, 14:24
Hi all, thanks. I feel alot better today, I think it was just the shock of the thing, something I've not experienced in a while

1153anne
25-11-12, 21:26
Hi I broke my leg on Wednesday and annotated put ant weight on it, I have a 10 yr old and work as a nursing assistant, I usually have anxiety but since my fall its tenfold , I also fell yesterday outside going to an appointment I hope I get my nerve back soon