PDA

View Full Version : Pimp my ride

sagey
14-02-08, 23:29
Probably not an entirely appropriate title but I like the sound of it. When I first found this site , this was the first section I came to as I thought "herein lies the cure". Not so, but not so many million miles away!
Tonight I did my first solo drive in my car since last April to a small supermarket a mile away, went in, bought goods and drove home again. I went willingly, accepted I might panic but I Went! Those of you who read Claire Weekes will recognise why I use those words and how I'm trying to recover my confidence and some motivation.
It was hard to do and I made a concerted effort to remind myself that for me, always the anticipation is worse than the deed. I left the house, found myself driving and all of a sudden it dawned on me what I was doing! Yikes, I was out on my own, doing something I'd done a million times before without any thought but this time it was a major milestone.
I don't know if /when I'll do it again, especially with more daylight coming on - I'm not making plans, maybe I will, maybe I won't, but tonight I did.

kate
15-02-08, 07:52
Reading the title I thought it was going to read that you had made your 20 year old Fiesta look like a brand new BMW :D

Seriously, though, a big WELL DONE to you!!! :yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Kate