PDA

View Full Version : new here,but not to panic

gtrgrl3369
15-02-08, 15:02
Joined yesterday and thought I would write a little about myself. I am a 38 yr old female with 2 beautiful kids and a wonderful husband. I was panic free for almost 10 years and then my father who I have not seen in 35 years died and for some reason it crushed me. I fell into a funk not right away but 6 months later and here I am today. My father was a mean man. I started with the panic out of the blue and then depression. Lost 35 pounds in 3 weeks and couldnt drink either. Crying and my bed were my best friend. I bought alot and I do mean alot of books and have read till the early hours of the morning and am doing a lot better. Still have moments of great fear for no known reason and anxiety. I just want to be like I used to. Fun and carefree. I work on this everyday and am here looking for people who can relate. Sorry this is so long, sometimes my mind works faster than I want it to.:blush:

manmoor
15-02-08, 15:28
Hi There,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lilith1980
15-02-08, 16:16
Hi ya,

Welcome to NMP - you'll get lots of great advice and support on here :)

Jo xxxxx

freakedout
15-02-08, 16:17
Hi there,

Welcome to NMP. Am sure you will get lots of support here. Sorry to hear about your difficulties and I hope you begin to feel like your former fun and carefree self real soon.

Freaky

kellie
15-02-08, 16:22
hiya hun :welcome: to nmp its great to have you here :yesyes: . im sorry things have not been good for you latley. you are in the right place for lots of help and support from all the great members here. its not uncommen for a bereavement to make panic/anxiety come back and kick you in the butt. remember you beat this once before and you can again. so stay postive about that. take care hun :hugs: :hugs: and hopefully we will talk to you in the chat room sometime.

kellie.

Angie
15-02-08, 19:53
HI, welcome - it will get better (if I can anyone can) - small steps, change one small thing and please be kind to yourself - you are a normal person who is experiencing a high level of anxiety. Take pleasure in small things, in the birds singing at dawn (I have witnessed a few dawns), a beautiful sunset and talk to people (it helped me). You would be amazed how many people are in the same situation - you are not alone!

weeble40
15-02-08, 20:04
Hi and a big welcome to NMP hope to see you around some time,

Take Care

Emma xx

nomorepanic
15-02-08, 20:08
Hi and :welcome: aboard.

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

chalky
16-02-08, 00:36
Hi Gtrgrl,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lindalou64
16-02-08, 09:24
Hello Gtrgrl And Welcome I Wish Ya Well..........linda

trac67
16-02-08, 19:14
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

groovygranny
16-02-08, 20:01
Hello gtrgrl,:welcome: to you!

Even though you hadn't seen your father for many many years, he was still part of you and you're bound to feel all the emotions that go with this - good or bad.

Glad you joined us here, and hope you'll soon find the help and support you need to get through this time.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Southern_Belle
18-02-08, 20:02
Hi,

Welcome to the site. You will find many here that feel the same way you do and will get great support.

Hugs,

Laura

Wolfie
19-02-08, 19:38
Hi gtrgrl!!!

Welcome to NMP!!! :) :) :)

You will find tons of advice and support here!

Nice meeting you hun,

Wolfie xx

Nibbles
19-02-08, 22:11
Hi gtr and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. It must be a difficult time when a parent passes away whatever the circumstances and am glad you're making progress.

Take care,

Mike :)