PDA

View Full Version : High temperature...

belle
16-02-08, 19:16
A little concerned. I've had a high temperature on and off now for about a month (more on than off). I am not obviously ill which is why i am a little worried. Before this started, my temperature would be 36.9 (98.42) whenever i checked it, now its 38.2 - 38.4 (101.12) which is NOT normal, i know.

Any ideas?

Dying_Swan
16-02-08, 20:06
Hi Bluebell.

Yes it does sound as though you're running a fever. You said that 36.9 is your norm right?

Have you been using the same thermometer that you've always used? Have you been taking it in the same way? These things can make it vary.

The other thing to consider if you are taking it orally is have you had a hot drink/cigarette etc within the past 5 minutes or so.

Paracetamol and/or Ibuprofen are good at reducing fever. Don't take Ibuprofen if you have asthma (I'm starting to sound like a medication leaflet).

I'd recommend getting a check up with your GP just to find out what's causing it.

Take care,

xxx :flowers:

belle
16-02-08, 20:11
Hi, yeah, everything i am doing is the same. I never take it after eating or drinking (don't smoke) cause i know that raises it. Thing is, i don't feel like i have one. I'm not sweating one minute and freezing the next.

I have checked my sons and husbands to make sure its not giving dodgy results, but theirs is normal!!!

I dunno...?

Lissy43
16-02-08, 20:44
I have had mine raise to 38 before now if im anxious??

belle
16-02-08, 22:20
I'm not anxious/panicky.