PDA

View Full Version : Tumour in my Sinuses

Jac
12-03-05, 12:47
Hi, I'm Jacqui, 37, I must have health anxiety because I have had a sinus infection for about 7 or 8 weeks now, (i'm on my second lot of antibiotics)

I am so fed up of having this blockage in my right nostril that I'm beginning to think it must be a tumour or something blocking my sinus, an infection could'nt possibly last this long, with antibiotics.

Its constantly blocked, but yet it runs all the time as well, I feel a lot of pressure in the side of my head, in my cheek, and around my eye, sometimes I just think it must be a tumour getting bigger and bigger.

What should I do, I'm so fed up of feeling poorly all the time.

Luv Jacqui

vernon
12-03-05, 15:04
hi jac, sorry u dont feel very well. I am sure its an infection its just like there bad cold we get, We seem to be getting to used to antibiotics I think couse there infections do seem to drag on and when we think its gone we wake with it again next morning. If u have seen doc twice I am sure it just taking its time in going (this bad weather dont help)
If u wory and keep thinking of it u will only make it seem worst. Hope u feel better soon Vernon

seh1980
12-03-05, 15:41
hi Jac,

Like Vern says, I'm sure it is just taking its time in going away. This can often happen no matter how healthy we are. I'm sure you will soon feel better..

Sarah :D

nomorepanic
12-03-05, 17:58
Jac

If it is really worrying you then it won't go away unless you get reassurance from the doctor.

Go and tell him your concerns and I am sure it will be fine and not a tumour atall.

Nicola

carlin
12-03-05, 18:33
Hi there I do agree with the others it does seem like an infection of some sort, maybe it's rhinitis?? my hubby has this - blocked nose, runny nose, sneezing, (much to my annoyance at bedtime). It won't be a tumour, if you are like me you always think the worse, the illnesses that i have 'had' over the last 16 years are unbelievable, heart attacks, tumours, you name it and i have had it, in my mind only (thank goodness), but it does wear you down i'm not making light of your feelings, but if the doctor didn't seem too worried i would be guided by that - keep in touch

FAN
12-03-05, 19:28
hi sorry your not feeling well,
have you tried steaming your head over a bowl covered with a towel you know the thing? add a few drops of olbas oil or something that might help release the pressure

fan x

Jac
12-03-05, 20:13
Thanks Fan, I have tried steaming my head over bowl of hot water, but it clears one nostril, but the other one won't budge at all, thats what makes me worry its something else, it never completely clears ever.

I am really fed-up at moment i'm worrying a lot about charlotte too (chaz) and her panic attacks they seem to be getting worse, I really feel for her, its now affecting her life.

Do you have any tips?

Jacqui xx

Tracy68
12-03-05, 20:31
Hi Jacqui
You said you are on your second lot of antibiotics. Have both prescriptions been for the same antibiotic? Its just that my best mates little girl suffered with the same and when my friend took her back the doctor put her on different medication and it cleared it up alot quicker.
Take care
Tracy
x

FAN
13-03-05, 00:06
hi jac been following chaz and her progress she posts a lot now im sure she will be ok it does take time to get some sort of order back but im sure with the help she will get here she can do it, there are a few more young ones on here too that she can swap ideas with so that will help her a lot

fan x

davidr
13-03-05, 03:19
Hi Jacqui,

Sorry to hear you have had such a bad few months. You will of course feel anxious having a sinus infection for such a long period. Anyone who suffers from sinus problems will vouch for the fact it is very painful and uncomfortable. Your pressure symptons are one all sinus sufferers will recognise.

Catastrophising that it is a tumor really does put a lot of pressure onto you when you are already feeling unwell. Of course you are concerned but thinking of the very blackest outcome will only make you more stressed and as we all know stress lowers the bodies immune response system and thus will make it harder for your body to fight off any infection.

Did your GP explain why they felt the first lot of antibiotics did not work and if so did they say it was usual? Are your second lot a larger amount of the same one or a different one altogether, if a different one did your GP explain why they felt this one would work instead?

Have you told your GP you are worried it might be a tumor? If not I think you should, this way they can put your mind at rest and clear up any doubts you may have over what is happening.

pip
17-03-05, 22:43
hi, i just thought i would put your mind at rest and let you know that i had a bad sinus infection for about 2 months then i lingured for about a couple of weeks after that its not very nice but i doubt it will be with you much longer. It also made my head hurt alot when i bent down to pick something up! and off i went ohh ive got a brain tumour..crazy i know ..you just gotta keep telling yourself that..the crazy bit ..