PDA

View Full Version : Having a Panic Attack on my wedding day!

buttercup123
17-02-08, 14:53
Okay I'm getting married in 12 weeks and I have been quite well with my health anxiety and panic attacks recently, but they have started again due to being really short staffed at work and the wedding looming nearer with loads to organise and time is running out.
I'm really frightened of having a panic attack on my wedding day when I'm walking down the aisle as there will be over 100 people looking at me and I want to be perfect looking but I only lost half a pound at Weight Watchers this week, and I'm worried about everyone looking at me thinking I look fat and then I won't want to eat the three course meal - god I'm so scared I'm thinking about it so much but what can I do? It's supposed to be the best day of my life and I dont want my anxiety to take over! Help!

leo05
17-02-08, 15:00
hugs to you and feel free to pm me if you need too and you will be just fine prob just ya mind running wild with thoughts

love n hugs lea xx

RachaelShambles
17-02-08, 17:58
I sometimes find the fear you have before you do somthing is worse than actually doing it. You let your imagination take over and imagine the worse then it turns out fine. Actually i find that most of the time.
I too would be scared of getting married but you'll be fine on the day, you'll have a great time!
And everyone will think you look beautilful not fat!
I know its easy for someone else to say this, but try not to worry. does any one else know about your fears about the wedding? can you talk to anyone?
Take care
Rachael

kate
17-02-08, 18:00
I suffered with depression/panic/anx when I got married, 24 years ago!

I too was worried about having a PA but I can honestly say that I had the lovliest day ever with no panic at all :D

Kate

feels_like_home
18-02-08, 01:35
I was also very worried about having a panic attack on my wedding day. Instead I had one of the best days of my life. I was so busy and just enjoying every moment that I didn't have time for a single negative thought. You too will have a wonderful day because it is your day!
Michelle

leisa
18-02-08, 16:06
hi just wanted 2 let u no i sufferer from panic attacks & blushing & when i got married i was 2 worried about what if this!! what if that!!,my biggest fear was having that "fight or flight" response at the end of the isle! or blushng cause ever1 was gonna b looking at me but i can honestly say once the day begun i didnt even think about it not once,try & enjoy every single minute of the day cause it goes so quickly & u only do it once( hopelol),& dont worry about everbody else if there ok just make sure u & ur hubby 2 b lap up every second of ur day, i wish i could do mine all over again & whenever i watch my wedding video i cant believe how i enjoyed it & how relaxed i was so good luck & enjoy xxxxxx