PDA

View Full Version : Neck Glands

jay28
17-02-08, 17:40
Hey everyone

Posted on this one a while back, Does anyone else frequently have glands in the neck that swell up. It seems to be every few months i will get this, had it in my right side which went away on its own and now again but in my left side of the neck, these glands seem very tender to touch, i go to the doctors each time who examines them.

Doctor said last time that he was not concered, they are small and moveable, its just starting to worry me now incase there is something wrong or the doctor has missed something.

I dont know if anybody else is the same but im constantly feeling and proding around my neck looking for any lumps or bumps.

hannax
17-02-08, 17:44
hi.i get them wen im run down or not had enuf slp,ur doc is rite there nothin to worry about ,they also swell juring a cold or just after a cold,try not to worry az thay shud go down in a few days xx

Lissy43
17-02-08, 22:10
Me, mine are always up & down, some are always raised.

sagey
17-02-08, 23:29
Hi Jason, I've had this for several years and to me it is an indication that I'm over-tired and run down. Very often a G.P. will tell you that it is viral and to go off and take paracetamol. I've read that the glands in your neck swell up to react against virus attacks , so it could be part and parcel of our unique physiology. Do you smoke? If so, cut down to help yourself. Get plenty of rest, keep warm, drink plenty of fluid and if you don't feel better soon, go back to the doc.

jay28
18-02-08, 17:58
Thanks everyone for your replies, i feel alot more reasured now. I will try my best not to worry and try to accept that it is normal for glands to swell from time to time, if it has not gone down in a week or so i may just get it checked out again by the doc.